Community_discussions_small  

Question

Best of USA April 2014

18 Jul 2013 Caren asked

Caren

I just booked this tour. Its my first Contiki and first overseas holiday so Im really excited :)
Just wondering if anyone else has booked it or thinking of booking? :)

• 20 Jul 2013 Nattjmcdxo said

Nattjmcdxo

Hey:) I’m planning to book this april tour next week!

• 20 Jul 2013 Caren said

Caren

YAY!! Thats awesome!! So excited!!
    Where abouts do you live? :)

Nattjmcdxo

In NSW:)

• 20 Jul 2013 Caren said

Caren

Cool. Im planning of flying from Sydney to LA.
    wish it wasnt so far away lol

Nattjmcdxo

Are you doing any pre or post nights?

• 20 Jul 2013 Caren said

Caren

At this stage Im thinking ai’ll leave Aus on Sunday 13th and arrive in LA the same day (lol) so ill just have the night before in LA. How about u?

Nattjmcdxo

We’re thinking of doing a couple of extra nights.. Are you going alone or with someone? :)
    Do you have Facebook?

• 20 Jul 2013 Caren said

Caren

Im going alone. Eeeek. Yep I have FB :)

• 20 Jul 2013 Caren said

Caren

I also have the Shout app. Once youve booked your trip you can log into that and everyone on the tour can chat in there :)

Nattjmcdxo

I had a look but couldn’t find you lol, what’s the URL
    oh really I didn’t realise there was an app for that..

• 20 Jul 2013 Caren said

Caren

Yeah ot’ll be handy once theres a few people booked in!!
    Hmm thats weird. Whats your name. I’ll try finding you lol :)

Nattjmcdxo

Ohh I found you don’t worry haha

• 22 Jul 2013 tjobr said

tjobr

Hey :) I just booked the April tour as well! I arrive on the 13th and am staying the night before the tour in the same hotel. Going alone too.. Eek. First time overseas!

• 22 Jul 2013 Caren said

Caren

Hey there!!! Awesome!!! So you’ve booked the hotel already for the night before? I was thinking of doing the same!!! Im nervous about flying to LA on my own lol

• 22 Jul 2013 tjobr said

tjobr

Yeah it was only $85 a night in the same hotel. Gives me a chance to check it out before the tour starts haha. I’m nervous about flying on my own too! I fly in at 7:30 in the morning of the 13th.

• 22 Jul 2013 Caren said

Caren

Oh thats cheap as. I will have to suss it out. Thankyou!! I’ll have to fly to either Melb or Syd and go from there. Going to be long and painful but worth it ☺ do you have the Shout App?

• 22 Jul 2013 tjobr said

tjobr

Awesome! :) I’m flying out of Brisbane from Perth. I don’t have the shout app as I have a Galaxy S4, apparently it’s not compatible with the app.. Yet (so they tell me haha). I have an old iPhone so I might download it on there.

• 29 Jul 2013 Greg said

Greg

I’m just about to book this trip! First time to USA< second time on a Contiki. Going to spend an extra night before in LA and an extra 2 in NY post-tour. Will be flying out from Brisbane

• 29 Jul 2013 Caren said

Caren

Hey Greg!!! Im flying out of Brissie on 13th April. Leaves 11.15am with Virgin. Im stating at the same hotel the night before Contiki starts and 2 extra nights in NY also :) so keen!!!

• 19 Aug 2013 Emma said

Emma

We booked a week ago and fly out of Melbourne on the 10th to get a couple of extra days in and we’re doing a couple of extra days in NY at the end as well… So excited!!! First time overseas and first time on Contiki :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion