Community_discussions_small  

Comment

photos

30 Aug 2006 Cat1984 said

Default_avatar
Hello!!

Im planning on taking several hundred photos on my trip on a digital camera and was wondering the best way to know what things were when i get home.

I don't want to get home after 6 weeks and not know the name of a building that i took a photo of.

Do people keep a record of what they took photos of eg number 734 = castle named _______ in _____ place? Or do you just go through them when you get home??

What did you do on your trip or what are you planning on doing??

Ta Cat
  • 30 Aug 2006 Sarah Smiles said

Default_avatar

Hi Cat!
    Most monuments and museums and such have signs on them that say what they are. You can set your camera to print the date on all of the photos and then take pictures of the plaques and signs on things to mark your spot in your journey. Also, my camera automatically starts a new folder each day so when I download my photos onto my computer, they are saved in folders with the date. I think a lot of digis have this function – if yours doesn’t do it already, you could prob. set it up. Then I can just follow along with my tour intinerary to know at least which city the picture was taken in (if it isn’t obvious, like a picture of the Eiffel Tower) Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->
    Also, each country has a road sign that says something like “Welcome to _____” and our TM would warn us all when one of these signs was coming up so that we could take a photo of it to mark our entry into a new country. I didn’t do this b/c I couldn’t be bothered to take my camera out of the bag and aim at a fast moving target like that, but I may try this time on my Euro Magic Eeker<!--graemlin::eek:-->
    Hope that helps!
    Sarah

• 30 Aug 2006 ptooma said

Default_avatar

If you’ve got space on your memory card(s), go nuts on the photos – and sort it all out later. As Sarah said, if there’s a plaque or sign, take a picture of that too!! Got that map your TM gave you? Take a pic of that too … the map may not last but you have a pic. And before entering any establishment, take a quick pic of the entrance and/or sign. My travelogue would’ve been full of holes if I didn’t take 2000+ pics. I tried writing a journal while on tour, but that quickly ended after day 1.

I too tried to get a picture of the European Union welcome signs as we passed between borders, but only manage one sign Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

- Vic

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion