Community_discussions_small  

Question

Should I go on a tour?

20 Jul 2013 Bijan asked

Bijan

Hey there,

I just turned 18 last week. Anyways, I was looking online and found this place.I have always wanted to travel, and it looks like a lot of fun.

My main concern is my age, will people like single me out? Also I'm already a geek too, so yeah... That doesn't help a lot.

Thats about all I have to ask

• 29 Nov 2013 Amy said

Amy

look it will depend on the group with you dont no till you go the tour you will not get left out but if theres older people they may have comments to make dont let what i have said affect you there will be people your age and on contiki everyone wants to met you and be your best friend when thinking come on 28th january 2014 -8feb 2014 ill be on it by myself

• 1 Dec 2013 Stephanie said

Stephanie

Solo traveller for european highlights in june

• 3 Dec 2013 Jordan said

Jordan

I’d say go for it. When I did my first Contiki in 2009 I was 19 and was the youngest on my tour. The friend I went with was one of the oldest on the tour being in her late 20’s. Unless you tell people no one is going to know your age, and it doesn’t matter. Everyone got along with everyone on both tours I’ve been on regardless of age.

• 8 Dec 2013 Mo said

Mo

Do it! #noregrets We had a couple 18 year olds on a tour I did last year and it was never a problem. In fact I didn’t even know some of them were 18 until close to the end. It just wasn’t a huge deal. We were all there to meet new people and have a good time, age wasn’t a factor. You have to remember there are 49 other people on the tour with you, some people will like you, some won’t. So find the ones that do and make the best of it.

• 8 Dec 2013 Bijan said

Bijan

Hey guys, your a bit late.

I ended up going and having a blast c:

• 7 Jan 2014 srok said

srok

Hey Im 18 as well and going to Europe this spring…
    Im a bit nervous being so young, how was your experience?

• 7 Jan 2014 Amy said

Amy

look like i said before you will get people judging you cause of your age and treating you like your a 5 yr old but nothing to be worried about most people there to get to know everyone regardless off age

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.