Community_discussions_small  

Comment

European Whirl Travel Blog May 9th to May 26th

3 Jun 2008 Jeremy said

Jeremy
I am currently working on a travelogue for my European Whirl trip that was from May 9th to May 26th, 2008. Currently I have up through to Prague and will be finished in the next couple of days with everything. http://www.travelpod.com/members/jeremystravels

If you have any questions regarding this tour feel free to ask and if you want any more details I will be happy to elaborate and update on the site. Each entry has uploaded pictures regarding the tour such as a day sheet, accommodations, included meals, and some scenery with links to my facebook albums for all 1900 pictures I took on the trip.

This trip was amazing and if you are thinking of doing it, DO IT!
  • 4 Jun 2008 Jeremy said

Jeremy

Ok so I have updated everything on there and might put up a final summary entry tomorrow but for now I have every stop of the tour written!

• 2 Jul 2008 Katy T said

Katy T

Your travelogue was awesome! It got me really excited for my Whirl trip Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 4 Jul 2008 Jeremy said

Jeremy

I’m glad! I hope you have such wonderful weather that we had! I mean, I was there for 23 days total and it only rained 4! It is fast, but it is awesome.

I am putting up the rest of my pictures on the blogs today, even though the links to my facebook albums are up.

• 7 Jul 2008 Katy T said

Katy T

I hope so too! I leave in 2 weeks and I’m currently stressing over what to pack. Your packing list was very helpful though.

Thanks again!

• 7 Jul 2008 Jeremy said

Jeremy

Don’t worry about packing too much. Most people on tour re-wear clothes a lot. I definitely saw a lot of people wear the same shirt every third day, and I seriously doubt they would wash clothes that often. I think I only had to do 2 sink loads plus the Rome paying the whole trip, and it worked out fairly well. I stressed out a lot about packing too, but mostly I wanted to have enough to last plus have space to fill my bag up. You should be fine though

• 7 Jul 2008 Shane Penney said

Shane Penney

Doing the Whirl in August. Thanks for the suggestions/tips. Great journal. I’ll have to do one when I get home.

• 7 Jul 2008 Shane Penney said

Shane Penney

How close to the city core is the Prague hostel for the European Whirl? My wife and I want to get into the city earlier than the rest, probably meeting up with them later in the day.

• 8 Jul 2008 Jeremy said

Jeremy

I would say its under a 10 minute metro ride into the city center from the hostel we stayed at. We stayed at Plus Prague which probably has a website you can look up. I don’t remember it being too terribly difficult. Our TM gave us two metro tickets that day as well, so if you speak to them early it is likely you could get your tickets earlier in the morning

• 26 Jul 2008 Jeremy said

Jeremy

Thanks! I took great detail when writing things down to be able to put all that together. When I was reading travelogues it was the one thing I couldn’t ever find, and was information I wanted to know since I was on a bit of a budget.

Just throwing it out there, I changed the host site of my blog. Content wise its all the same but I like some of the features on this travel blog site better.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion