Community_discussions_small  

Question

Versailles - New Inclusion, but how does it fit in 2 nights in Paris???

18 Oct 2010 Jessss asked

Jessss
Hi guys =)

I've noticed a change in the itinerary for some Concept Tours (definitely Euro Experience & Escapade, not sure if it applies to other tours) with 2 nights in Paris - a trip to Versailles as part of the free day in Paris.

Awesome that Contiki has added more to their itineraries, and I'd love to see Versailles, but my question is... How the hell can Contiki fit it in??? One whole day in Paris is already limited, and already requires prioritising & sacrificing to see the things we want to see most, I can't imagine cutting that already too short day even shorter by including a 2-3hr trip to Versailles??

So, Contiki staffers or past travellers, does anyone know how Contiki do it, how the timing works?? I guess if it was a crack of dawn trip, & really only sacrificed an hour of real sightseeing time in Paris then thats cool, but if it chews up three hours of the day, I'm guessing we end up having to choose - miss Versailles to fit in all those awesome sights in Paris, or see Versailles & run out of time for the Notre Dame, Sacre Cour, the Lourve, or the Eiffel Tower.... ????

Lol any ideas anyone?!

Jess =)

European Experience 26 May 2011!!
European Vista 27 Dec 2007
  • 19 Oct 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

It’s probably the first thing in the morning on your free day or in the morning on the way out of the city the day you leave Paris. If it’s on your free day and you would rather do other things, you don’t have to go there, do your own thing in Paris.

I will say that I did manage to see the Opera House (from the outside), Notre Dame, Louvre, Rodin Museum and the Arc de Triumph in the same day that I did Moulin Rouge. We did the Eiffel Tower the night before when we arrived in the city.

• 21 Oct 2010 Stacey88 said

Default_avatar

I did a tour earlier this year, and it stayed in paris for three nights, the first was basically just us getting into paris and we did the illuminations tour that night, then the next morning we went to versailles at around 9-9:30 from memory and spent a few hours there and after lunch were dropped into paris until about 5, and you def needed a few hours there its so huge and there was a fairly big line to buy tickets too. then we had the whole next day in paris free as well so if you are only staying there for 2 nights it seems like it would be a big squeeze to fit everything in!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion