Community_discussions_small  

Comment

GREAT BRITAIN/IRELAND August 13th - 28th 2010

9 Nov 2009 Lauren said

Default_avatar
Hi everyone, my best friend and i are doing this tour. Anyone else going on these dates?
  • 28 Dec 2009 Craig said

Default_avatar

Hi Lauren. I will also be going on this tour should be great.

• 3 Jan 2010 Lauren said

Default_avatar

Hi Craig, welcome to the group. I’m really looking forward to this trip, its going to be amazing. Tracy and i are heaps excited and talk about it all the time, constantly making plans. where are you from?

• 5 Jan 2010 Craig said

Default_avatar

Hi Lauren, thanks. Im from the yarra valley in victoria about 47 K’s east of Melbourne, were abouts are you and Tracy from? Yes this tour is going to be amazing it will be my second big trip for the year doing the united states in may so aswell as im looking forward to this tour I have something to look forward to in may. So is your first contiki tour? After the usa tour this will be my 4th ive done a UK tour before little bit different to this 1 plus ive done europe. 7 months to go cant wait! Bye.

• 5 Jan 2010 Lauren said

Default_avatar

We’re both from Sydney. Are you doing a contiki tour in America? I went there in May last year for 2 months. i did the grand southern and northern one after the after it was fantastic. I really loved America, i’d definitely go there again. It will be our first time to Europe so we’re really looking fwd to it. we’re doing the 28 day Panorama tour after the this one. i cant believe its only 7 months away. will you be travelling alone?

• 7 Jan 2010 Craig said

Default_avatar

yeah im doing the grand northern I was thinking about the grand southern but this tour to the UK looked tempting so settled for the Grand northern. Were abouts in Sydney are you from? My Brother lives near Sydney (Wollongong). With his wife and 2 kids. Yeah Im travelling alone I dont have any complaints about that only last time I had a 4 day break in London wich did get a bit loneley. But my sister in law had a cousin living there at the time so they made me feel welcome and took me out arround london it was great. And heaps of people on the tour travel solo so its not so daunting if you have a good group of people to travel with. The panorama tour sounds exciting you and tracy will have great time.

• 11 Jan 2010 Matt said

Default_avatar

Hi I’m Matt. Me and my girlfriend Kat are also doing this tour on these dates before a bigger European one. Everyone thinks were crazy doing 2 tours but it should be great!
    We are from Wellington in NZ but my mums from Sydney so I can speak some Aussie, ha ha.

• 11 Jan 2010 Lauren said

Default_avatar

Welcome to the group Matt and Kat. Its great to have a few more people joining us. Whats the other tour your doing? Trac and i are doing the panorama after the GB tour.

Craig, you will love the GN, it was fantastic. You get to see allot of amazing places. Trac is from Holsworthy and im from Ryde. Not to far from the CBD. We have a few days in london before our tour starts but we’re struggling to find time to do everything. we keep finding things we want to see. whats a must see in London??

What day is everyone arriving in london?

• 12 Jan 2010 Matt said

Default_avatar

Thanks Lauren, we are doing the European Contrasts tour after this one so similar to yours but we don’t go to Spain and it’s a concept tour. Hopefully the next 7 months will fly by – can’t wait to see all these places.

• 12 Jan 2010 Craig said

Default_avatar

Hi Matt welcome to the group. Lauren im constantly thinking about the grand northern tour everyday just getting restless wishing the next 3 and abit months would hurry up! Im arriving in London on the night before the tour I get 1 full day in london after our tour, Before flying back to Melbourne. There are so many places in London to visit. For the 3 or 4 days I was there I went up in the London eye, visited the London Zoo, Piccadilly circus, Tower of London, And went on a river cruise up the Thames. London was also very busy and time consuming at the same time. I had a look at the panorama tour it looks better than the european trip I went on I must say I envy you and Tracy he he.

• 10 Feb 2010 Aweesa said

Default_avatar

Hi All,
    My husband Brett and i will be going on this tour also just paid final payment for tours yesterday sooooo excited can’t wait!! We will be doing the london and paris tour as well should be heaps of fun!

• 15 Feb 2010 Matt said

Default_avatar

Hey Aweeza, we just booked all our flights etc recently to so pretty excited as well. This tour has been changed to a “definite departure” tour which is cool.

• 15 Feb 2010 Aweesa said

Default_avatar

hey Matt, it is great! just under 6 months to go. Glad you can speak aussie, i can try a little kiwi just need to practice my sixes and sevens lol. see you all soon

• 7 Mar 2010 mcx786 said

Default_avatar

Hi Everyone,
    I’ll be joining you for the England & Scotland part of this tour. Traveling solo on this one. It’s going to be great fun!

• 11 Mar 2010 Lauren said

Default_avatar

Hi Aweesa and Michael, welcome to the group. 5 months to go now, time is flying past. My friend and i cant wait for this trip, we talk about it all the time and my friend is already deciding what to pack while i havent got a clue. How’s everyone going with plans etc? how much time are you spending in london and what are you doing there??

• 11 Mar 2010 mcx786 said

Default_avatar

Hey Lauren,
    I’m headed out from Aus in about 2 1/2 months. Will have toured Western Europe and Egypt by the time I join up with you all. Heaps excited. Will be chillin in London for about a week before this tour starts. Will just be spending the time exploring, doing and seeing as much as possible. What are you girls thinking are the must do’s in London?

• 22 Mar 2010 Lauren said

Default_avatar

your trip sounds fantastic, exactly what i wanted to do but we didnt have the time. Hopefully that will be the next trip. We’re in London 3 days before the tour. There are a thousand things on our list all the typical tourist stuff such as buckingham palace, london bridge, parliament, london eye, the cathedrals, etc. We’re going to go on the hop on hop of bus so we should see most of london, we’re also planing on going to the theatre, the museums and a tour 1 day tour outside of london. how about you?

• 10 Apr 2010 Explorer1141902 said

Default_avatar

Hi! I’m Isabel, I’m plannig to do this trip, but not sure about the dates yet. I’m 29, from Barcelona.. What about you?

• 11 Apr 2010 Rob said

Default_avatar

Hi! My name is Rob and I am from the Toronto area. I have just booked this trip. I will be in London a few days before the start of the tour visiting family and would like to meet up with any of you for a drink. Anyone interested in the Edinburgh Military Tattoo? I am thinking of going if I can round up at least one other person to go with. I am willing to organize tickets. Let me know it you are interested.

• 13 Apr 2010 Craig said

Default_avatar

Hi Rob yeah id be interested in the millatary tattoo.

• 19 Apr 2010 Richard said

Default_avatar

Hi guys, i’m already booked for the military tattoo tour August 27th to 30th. Afterwards i’m going on my own to Liverpool for one night and then to Norway for a few days to explore by myself. Let me know if you book it. I’m from NYC.

Rich

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion