Community_discussions_small  

Comment

*Hotels* - Berlin to Budapest

13 Jun 2010 Pirate Tara said

Default_avatar
I have already done a Contiki so in general, I know what to expect (or not to expect) from the hotels that they use. HOWEVER...on my tour, the hotels we had in Paris, Nice and Barcelona were pretty close to everything, whereas the hotel in Amsterdam was the airport hotel and honestly a bit too far out for my taste.

So I was wondering what hotels they tend to use for Berlin, Prague, Vienna and Budapest on the Berlin to Budapest tour. If anyone has names that's great (I know they sometimes change, of course), or even just a general "this is how far they are from all the good sightseeing/nightlife" is fine too Smiler
  • 13 Jun 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

The one they’ve used in Berlin in the past is next to the Berlin Generator. It was right near a tram stop and not too far from the city center.

• 2 Jul 2010 Explorer1153090 said

Explorer1153090

@Pirate. When are you going on your tour? I leave on July 23rd.

• 2 Jul 2010 AstroPhys said

Default_avatar

I believe they have a short list of hotels they use in each city.

I went on a tour May/June:

Berlin: Agon Aldea Hotel Berlin

- Either the AC was turned off or non-functional, pay for internet in non-smoking rooms, 5 lbs paper weight for a key, meal was mediocre, room was clean. Use google maps for the location, did the spy pub crawl and I think it was a 15-19 euro cab ride back.

Prague: Ibis Praha Mala Strana

- One of the nicer hotels on the tour. Free wifi, small buffet for dinner was decent, located next to an indoor mall, down the street from the public transit (about 5-10 mins from city center).

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion