Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Flights Within Europe

2 Jun 2008 Andie Pandie said

Andie Pandie
We are doing a week in London on our own, then flying to Berlin for the start of our Berlin to Budapest tour. Anyone have any suggestions on good budget airlines within Europe, or bad ones to avoid? We know about some of the big ones (RyanAir, EasyJet) but there are tons of others. We also have to get from Budapest to Venice and have only found one airline that does it, WizzAir. Sounds sketchy, but has anyone ever flown them?

Thanks!!
  • 2 Jun 2008 sternie said

Default_avatar

I took the overnight train from Budapest to Venice and it was by far the nicest train I took (I got a eurail pass and took the train all over Europe last spring, so I’ve got lots of trains to compare it to, haha). It really was like staying in a hotel, except we woke up in a new city! I highly recommend it.

As for flights to Berlin, RyanAir and EasyJet are good (I personally prefer Easyjet, but that’s just me..). You might also want to check out kayak.co.uk. You can get some surprising deals there (try the UK website even if you’ve checked the American one…sometimes it has additional airlines).
    Good Luck!

• 5 Jun 2008 Ang said

Default_avatar

BIG TIP: Check the baggage allowance!! That’s where the cheap airlines will sting you! We had about 11 flights all up on our tour, and most of the time we went with eazyjet – their checked luggage limit is 1st 20kg free, pay $$$ any extra. ryanair’s limit is 15kg free, pay fro every additional kilo. our backpacks were under 20 everytime, so i don’t know how mean they are, but i’ve heard from others that if it’s like 20.4 they’ll charge you. also, don’t get excited by the first price you see – they won’t have added the check-in fee, baggage handling fee…and check and make sure they haven’t secretly added travel insurance. easyjet started doing that while we were over there – it came up automatically selected, and you had to unselect it before hitting confirm.
    we never had a problem with easyjet – pretty much on time, comfortable, clean and friendly.
    good luck!

• 5 Jun 2008 joanne1982 said

Default_avatar

Hi check out this website http://www.skyscanner.net/flights-from/lond/cheapest-flights-from-london.html

You can type in your destination and departure and it will search a lot of airlines for the cheapes flights.
    jo

• 17 Jun 2008 helena said

Default_avatar

Dont fly Lufthansa, they have to fly through germany and their other main hubs before you get tto where you want so you can expect to add on 2 hours extra flying time! it sux!

• 18 Jun 2008 peteywoods said

peteywoods

im flying an airline called “transavia” from paris to krakow in poland…

If at the start of the flight the captain comes over the PA system with “I am Dracula, I like to count von, two, flee” I may jump out the window!

The only one Ive heard bad feedback about is ryanair, im flying easyjet too! and alitalia is evil in every way possible…

• 18 Jun 2008 Explorer1101860 said

Default_avatar

Ryanair is cheap but you will find that some of their airports are nowhere near the city that theyare saying they are flying to (Hamburg, Stockholm for example).

Best budget airline I have flown with in Europe is Air Berlin – you can fly to Berlin from stanstead with them, very comfy and you get food and a drink – unlike the other budget airlines

• 18 Jun 2008 PinaI said

PinaI

I flew with RyanAir from London Gatwick to Dublin and also to Rome Ciampino – they were ok.

I do agree that some airports they stop at are really far from the city so, be careful with that.

Also, from Gatwick they leave from the furtherest, furtherest gate, like a 30minute walk to the end of airport – I always joked that that was the reason my ticket was so cheap (because I already walked half-way to Dublin by then)!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion