Community_discussions_small  

Question

Worried About packing in a bag?

24 May 2007 dixiebella asked

Default_avatar
Well girls and boys
Have you thought of rolling each clothing item! it saves so much space! I'm taking my backpack! only 13 kgs! to fill up! i couldn't believe it! it had most of my shoes and half of my wardrobe! i had to pack to find out how much i can fit and how much i can weigh! The backpack bag was expensive but its worth it! i'm travelling to madrid first then contiki via london.
Jami (23rd July 07)
  • 24 May 2007 _Emma_ said

Default_avatar

I’ve just finished packing my backpack (leave tomorrow night!!) Thanks for the rolling hint.
    I bought these travel cubes which make packing easy too, and minimise the amount of space things take up.
    I bought mine from camping and luggage stores but they are like these
    http://www.gogogear.com.au/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=7…Cubes+%26+Organisers

I have a big one, which has all my tops, dresses and cardigan in, and two small ones – one from underwear/socks/bathers and the other for all my electical bits and pieces like chargers. They are heaps easy to pack and the shape makes them stack nicely!

My pack weighs 14kg with everything in it – It’s my toiletries that weigh the most!

• 25 May 2007 Steftacular said

Steftacular

yeah, the military packs in rolls to save space, thats what i was thinking of doing….oh and rubber banding them Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

i dont really understand the packing cubes… cause you could do the same thing with out them and then pack takes up that much more room..? I could see it being nice for organization and ease, but not for space? i dunno.. i dont get it haha

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion