Community_discussions_small  

Comment

European Discovery: Dec 14th-27th

28 Aug 2008 Explorer1111257 said

Default_avatar
Hey Everyone,
Just booked my first Contiki trip! I'll be doing the December 14th departure date.
Anyone else going?

And for starters, my name's Marc, from Guelph, Ontario, Canada.
  • 21 Sep 2008 Steff said

Default_avatar

Im going as well!!!
    Im Steff from South Africa…
    u kno of anyone else goin?

• 28 Oct 2008 Explorer1111257 said

Default_avatar

Not yet, nope! But I’m sure more people are to come.
    Have you traveled much before? It’s my first time, and I’m kinda nervous, haha.

• 29 Oct 2008 Steff said

Default_avatar

Its my first time travelling with contiki as well…
    I was told the tour was cancelled, and so they moved me to the tour starting on the 16th. Did the same happen with u?
    R u travelling on your own? And how old are u?

• 2 Nov 2008 lalapelosa said

Default_avatar

wait, it was cancelled? when were you notified? I don’t think I’ve been notified at all what did they say?

• 2 Nov 2008 Steff said

Default_avatar

about two weeks ago i got a call from my travel agent… Apparently there werent enough people booked for the 14 December tour, so they moved us to the tour starting on the 16th december…

• 3 Nov 2008 Mr Kane said

Mr Kane

My friend and I are going (I’m 25 and he’s 24) on this tour and we are planning on traveling through Scotland (stay in hostels) and then though Ireland (another Hostel) and then do new years back in London in the days after the tour. This is our first time to Europe but we are ready to have an awesome time anyone planning on staying after?

As far as the “cancellation” is concerned. I just booked it a couple days ago and it is still from December 14th to December 27th.

We are coming from California.

• 3 Nov 2008 Taylor said

Taylor

Ya me and Kane just booked the 14th-27th on Saturday and they didn’t mention anything about a date change. The lady actually said the tour was full, and me and Kane were barely able to sign up.

• 4 Nov 2008 Steff said

Default_avatar

Ya, i think theres a misunderstanding… Your tour leaves America on the 14th… But the actual tour only leaves london on the 16th… I think thats where we confused… Cos i leave south africa on the 11th and then have 4 days in london before the tour… when we get back from the tour on the 27th, im going to germany for 2 weeks after that…

• 4 Nov 2008 Mr Kane said

Mr Kane

you are correctomundo Steff. We fly out of the US on the 14th and arrive on the 15th and the tour starts on the 16th. Two extra weeks in Germany….I am jealous. If I only had the time and money. I’m sure it will be awesome. Make sure you get some Gluehwein if they still serve it after Christmas.

• 8 Nov 2008 Andreas said

Default_avatar

I can’t wait! Gonna be awesome!!!

• 15 Nov 2008 Taylor said

Taylor

Just one… more… month…

• 17 Nov 2008 Explorer1111257 said

Default_avatar

Ah, that is a big relief. I panicked a bit after I thought it was canceled. Everyone excited to be in Paris on Christmas day?
    I just got my tour package today and found that out, pretty exciting!

• 18 Nov 2008 Taylor said

Taylor

Hey everyone, just letting you guys know I started a facebook group for our trip, search for:

Contiki – European Discovery 16th Dec – 27th Dec 08

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion