Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Scandinavia - Aug 29th - Sept 8 2008 (Sweden, Norway, Denmark)

8 Aug 2008 Lindsay said

Default_avatar
hey everyone, im going to stockholm by myself, coming from Ontario, im very excited, looking forward to meeting everyone! peace
  • 14 Aug 2008 Explorer1109773 said

Default_avatar

I’ll be on this tour, arriving in Stockholm by myself. I’m from IA in the USA. Planning to find the hotel and take a nap as soon as I get there, hahaa.

• 18 Aug 2008 Slacker said

Slacker

Hey All, I’m am also on this trip (single female). I’m flying out of Toronto but I am coming from Sudbury.
    Lindsay, do you happen to be flying out on the 29th on Lufthansa with a switch in Dosseldorf Germany? If so I will see you on the plane!

• 21 Aug 2008 Slacker said

Slacker

Hey Lindsay, too bad about the flight…so close! When do you arrive in Sweeden?

• 23 Aug 2008 Lindsay said

Default_avatar

hey slacker, i actually got a little confused, im actually flying with klm this time, i flew lufthansa last time, hopefully i won’t get on the wrong flight lol, but i do arrive in sweden at 11:20 in the morning swedish time, what about you?

• 23 Aug 2008 Slacker said

Slacker

Hi Lindsay, I actually arrive at 9am on the 30th in Stockholm Arlanda, terminal 5. I can always hang out and wait/shop for 2 hours until you get there if you want? What terminal are you flying into? I was also wondering how much money and in what currency to bring…any ideas?
    Regardless, I’ll see you in a week!!!

• 25 Aug 2008 Lindsay said

Default_avatar

Hi Slacker, yeah man if you wanna wait for me so we can split the cabfare that would be cool as i’ll also be at Terminal 5 at the Stockholm Arlanda. i just don’t want to inconvienience you, the only thing im worried about is you maybe waiting a long time depending on how long it takes for me to get through customs and get my luggage. also we should exchange flight information about our connecting flights in case one of us is really late due to a flight delay in which case the other person can just leave, maybe we should exchange email addresses?

in terms of currency, i ordered from cibc 1700 Swedish Krone ($300.00 Canadian); 4000 Norwiegan Krone ($800 Canadian); and 1300 Danish Krone ($300.00 Canadian). It may take a few days for your bank to get it so i suggest you order it now. if you can’t get it on time im sure there are lots of places to exchange currency, im sure theres a place or two at the airport, our hotel may let you exchange currency as well, and there will be various places in the city where you can do that as well. one thing you have to be mindful of is that some of these places charge commission. if you have to exchange i found that most places were easily able to exchange euros and U.S. currency. this is based on my past experience in Europe so I could be wrong with how it works in these countries.

KOLIN: I can’t believe the customs in Amsterdam took away your booze! If you haven’t been there before, don’t let the customs scare you away, Amsterdam is truly an awesome and very relaxed city. But anyways, I am stopping over in Amsterdam for about two hours before continuing on to Stockholm. I will for sure try and pick up a bottle of Crown Royal for you, as long as im not running late, because im sure as you know, going through customs can take awhile, my flight might be late etc…but if im not pressed for time (i really don’t think i will be cause i wasn’t before) i will get you your poison, but you must take it because i can’t drink that stuff: Lindsay + Crown Royal = the end of the world as we all know it, so don’t tempt me! i have some euros left over so i’ll just use that, we can work out payment when we get there.

Only a few more days guys!!!

Lindsay

• 25 Aug 2008 Slacker said

Slacker

Hey Lindsay, sounds great, I really don’t mind the wait, I may even take the time to snooze a bit! My email is erin_slack@sgs.com and I’m on facebook as well (so you can see what I look like!) shoot me off an email and I’ll get right back to you (it’s a work email- so I am always on it) I am still worried about my 40 minutes to change planes in Germany, but I’ve done it in South America so hopefully I’m okay.

Kolin! I can’t believe they took your Crown, don’t they know never to take a Canadians Booze! And thanks for reminding me to pick up some hooch at Pearson. It looks like Lindsay and I will be talking so hopefully one of us will be able to grab some more crown for you! See ya Friday! Ow Ow!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion