Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Checking in and pre tour meeting

20 Apr 2010 Sam & Bryce W.A. said

Default_avatar
Hi all
My husband and I booked our contiki trip together. I did my online check-in but now can't check my husband in, does anyone know if thats because we have the same booking number and only need to check in with one person?

Also we won't be able to attend the pre-tour meeting as we will be on a plane coming from France, who do I let know and how?
  • 24 Apr 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

I can’t help with the check-in.

But the pre-tour meeting is not mandatory, you don’t have to tell anyone that you are missing it. Just make sure you show up on time for departure in the morning, a few minutes earlier if you can so your TM can get your info and stuff from you.

• 25 Apr 2010 Ruthie said

Ruthie

Hi. Just wondering … Did you sort this out at all – because I encountered the same problem … can only check in one of us. tried different email addresses but it must be the booking number blocking the check in for the second person.

thanks.

• 26 Apr 2010 Kate at Contiki said

Kate at Contiki

Hi guys,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Our website developers are looking into resolving this bug asap.

Thanks,
    Kate

• 26 Apr 2010 Kate at Contiki said

Kate at Contiki

Hi guys,

I just wanted to give you a quick update on this. We are launching a new version of Check In at the start of next week, and will be sure to include the ability for multiple passengers to checkin using the same booking number (provided they’re all on the tour of course!).

Just note that each person will need to create a Contiki account on the website (with a unique email address), and each will need to checkin individually.

Thanks for your patience, guys. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    Kate

• 27 Apr 2010 Mel the aussie said

Mel the aussie

i have a question.. it probably sounds silly but neways.. why do you need to do the online check in… what does it do

• 27 Apr 2010 Kate at Contiki said

Kate at Contiki

Hi Mel,

Not a silly question at all. In a nutshell, Check-in will allow passengers to provide certain information to our tour managers & operations teams that they can use prior to your tour. Tour managers will then receive reports with this information, saving you the paperwork on day one of your tour. When you Check-in online, you will also be registered to our Perks program which gives you discounts, exclusive invites and more. Previously, online Check-in was only available to some regions, but we will be rolling it out globally this week for all to take advantage of. If you are unable to check-in online, you can still do this in person on the first day of your tour.

Hope this helps to shed some light, Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    Kate

• 28 Apr 2010 Mel the aussie said

Mel the aussie

Thanks Kate that does help alot. i’ll have to get my mate to make an account too so he can check in as well.

• 29 May 2010 CanadianGirl said

CanadianGirl

I have 2 tours booked, but I think the check in only worked for one of them. Is there a way to check this? Thanks Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 7 Jun 2010 Kate at Contiki said

Kate at Contiki
    quote:
    I have 2 tours booked, but I think the check in only worked for one of them.

Hi CanadianGirl,

Our apologies on this. Currently, only one tour booked under the same booking ID is registering in the system. We are working dilligently on a fix for this bug. Not to worry though. Since this is a relatively new feature, most of your tourmates will be registering at the pre-tour meeting as well. We will keep you updated.

Thanks for your patience,
    Kate

• 21 Jul 2010 BridgetteB said

Default_avatar

Hi Contiki,
    My question is when I land in London to start my tour, do i go straight to my hotel or do i head to the Contiki office in London? Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 22 Jul 2010 PinaI said

PinaI
    quote:
    Originally posted by BridgetteB:
    Hi Contiki,
    My question is when I land in London to start my tour, do i go straight to my hotel or do i head to the Contiki office in London? Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

The Contiki Basement is pretty much right next door to the Royal National Hotel so, if you’re staying there you can drop your bags off, settle down and then pop into the Basement, if you need to.

• 12 Aug 2010 Amy_1688 said

Amy_1688

Hi im just wondering with check in is it designed for check in close to the departure date or could i check in today despite the fact that my tour of vietnam doesnt leave until 21 march 2011??

cheers
    Amy

• 12 Aug 2010 Explorer1203179 said

Default_avatar

Hi,
    i have just booked the contiki horizon for the 2nd of september and was wondering when i will get the information on where the tour starts.

Thanks
    Stacey

• 12 Aug 2010 PinaI said

PinaI
    quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer1203179:
    Hi,
    i have just booked the contiki horizon for the 2nd of september and was wondering when i will get the information on where the tour starts.

Thanks
    Stacey

Generally the info arrives 4 weeks before departure, which is now for you. Provided they’ve posted it fairly quickly you should get it within the next couple of days. If not, call and ask, can’t hurt.

• 17 Aug 2010 k_dash22 said

Default_avatar

ive been trying to check in online but the tour information isnt being located. im booked with a friend and im not sure if she has already checked herself in.

i got a response from the contiki website staff asking for my profile login details so they could try to fix this response. i put in my query via the contiki website.

• 17 Aug 2010 Kate at Contiki said

Kate at Contiki

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue checking in to your tour through the website. Our developers are currently working on a fix to the checkin issue you mentioned. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience.

Thanks,
    Kate

• 27 Jan 2011 Matty said

Default_avatar

Does it matter how early you check in online? My trip is 16 days away, can I check in now or should I wait until the day before I leave?

• 26 Nov 2011 3adne55 said

3adne55

Hi. I’m trying to check in online for my Mediterranean highlights tour that starts in a weeks time. If I try the check in now option at the booking, I get a 502 error message. So I went to the Communities tab and chose the check in option and it is still searching for my booking, i opened the same link again, but gave my name and departure date. It picked up my details and I completed the details to check in, but when i tried to check in, I got a message that Contiki is unable to check me in, I should try again later. Help.

• 28 Nov 2011 Kate at Contiki said

Kate at Contiki

Hi 3adne55,

Sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues checking in. I’ll look into this with our website developers asap and get back to you as soon as I hear back.

- Kate

• 30 Nov 2011 Kate at Contiki said

Kate at Contiki

Hi 3adne55,

I just wanted to give you an update. Someone is looking into this and will reply to you directly via the email you sent to webmaster.

Apologies for any inconvenience,
    Kate

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion