Community_discussions_small  

Question

Anyone travelling Feb/March 2008?

21 Aug 2007 SAC Maqique asked

Default_avatar
I've just booked my flights to Oz for Feb 08 (yaaaaay!!! Big Grin) and have booked my deposit for the Aussie Explorer from 27/02. Im going from Darwin - Sydney, anyone else booked onto the tour for these dates?? I'll be on my own so was just wondering if there was anyone else!! Sarah Xx
  • 31 Aug 2007 Mary said

Default_avatar

Hi Sarah

i’m also hoping to do this trip starting in darwin to sydney around the end of feb

mary

• 2 Sep 2007 SAC Maqique said

Default_avatar

hey!
    have u booked your flights etc yet??
    are u from the UK? Xx

• 11 Sep 2007 Mary said

Default_avatar

Hi Sarah
    Flights booked for the 9th Janurary fling to singapore then to perth and up the west coast and doing the aussie explorer from darwin in feb.. no from ireland

• 11 Sep 2007 SAC Maqique said

Default_avatar

i start the tour on 27th Feb.
    not sure i can wait another 5 months! Xx

• 12 Sep 2007 S-Jay said

Default_avatar

Hey there
    I’m an Australian guy (from Melbourne) and going on a contiki tour by myself around late feb early march and might be looking at this one here. You seem like you both will be travelling on like the same dates as i will….havent seen half of my own country, and this tour sounds pretty good to me. :-)

• 12 Sep 2007 Mary said

Default_avatar

Hi Sarah
    How are you. those are the dates i’m travelling on as well and can’t wait for it to come. I’m just trying to find a tour company that goes from Broome to Darwin in February not having much luck at present. Are you travelling to any other part or just doing the trip from Darwin to Sydney.
    looking forward to next year

• 12 Sep 2007 SAC Maqique said

Default_avatar

hey guys,
    thats brilliant, we will all have to swap email addresses! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    i start off with this tour but then i have a week in sydney, i then fly to adelaide and am doing a tour along the great ocean road to melbourne where i have another week or so, before i come home on 10th April!
    whats your plans? Xx

• 13 Sep 2007 Mary said

Default_avatar

Hey All
    I arrive in perth on the 14th janurary and hopefully going to get a tour up the west coast to arrive in Darwin a few days before trip. Then leaving sydney around the end of march to travel to new zealand. Work there for a while and then go to fiji and America so looking forward to it. My Eemail address is
    Marypcarey33@hotmail.com

• 3 Oct 2007 JeffRTW said

Default_avatar

I’m hoping to book this week for the Feb/March tour.

Doing a round the world vacation, so I’m arriving in Perth from Singapore on the 17th, then going to Darwin. Then from Sydney I’m headed to Christchurch for 2 weeks in NZ.

• 3 Oct 2007 SAC Maqique said

Default_avatar

are any of you guys booked to stay at the Quality Frontier hotel in Darwin the night before the tour starts? Xx

• 6 Oct 2007 Mary said

Default_avatar

I haven’t booked anywhere yet but probably need to soon i think ya will try and book in there.

• 6 Oct 2007 Mary said

Default_avatar

Hey JeffRTW how are you getting to DArwin are you doing a tour or just flying up there. I’m hoping to book a tour but not sure yet
    Mary

• 10 Oct 2007 JeffRTW said

Default_avatar

Hi Mary, I’m not sure yet, but considering just doing stuff in and around Perth, then flying there. Looks like Skywest Airlines and Virgin Blue have cheaper flights.

My e-mail is rtwjeff at gmail d0t com

• 10 Oct 2007 SAC Maqique said

Default_avatar

very excited already!!!

• 15 Oct 2007 Mary said

Default_avatar

ya getting very excited and trying to get everything orgainised. How are your travel plans going

• 18 Oct 2007 SAC Maqique said

Default_avatar

not too bad, just trying to save money at the mo which is proving to be quite difficult!!
    you?

• 19 Oct 2007 JeffRTW said

Default_avatar

Planning is behind schedule, but there is so much to do, that I just keep putting it off.

I took a 2nd job to help pay for the trip, so there’s not too much time to spend on planning right now, hopefully more come November.

Mary, what tours are you looking at around Perth? I started checking into some, I may take a couple of days and go on a short trip, but I don’t think I have enough time to take a tour that will end in Darwin.

• 21 Oct 2007 SAC Maqique said

Default_avatar

Jeff – where are you from?
    Are you definitely booked onto this tour?

• 21 Oct 2007 JeffRTW said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by SAC Maqique:
    Jeff – where are you from?
    Are you definitely booked onto this tour?

Yeah, I finalized my booking, I’m Canadian (from Winnipeg). Where is everyone else from?

• 23 Oct 2007 SAC Maqique said

Default_avatar

I’m from England, what is your email address?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion