Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Contiki Budget Tours Accommodations

31 Oct 2009 Cherry said

Cherry
Thinking of doing a budget multi-country euro tour. Accommodation is a mix of hotels, hostels and contiki special stop overs.

I was wondering if Contiki's chateau, chalet and gasthof have bathrooms in each room? How about the contiki village? Is a sleeping bag a must bring? What's the bathroom situation for the villages?

Can someone enlighten me about these exclusive contiki accommodations?

Thanks!
  • 31 Oct 2009 *Alicia* said

Default_avatar

hey there, i did a concept tour earlier this year so hopefully this will help you.

the french chateau and the swiss chalet dont have bathrooms in the rooms, but the rooms arent too far away. with the austrian gasthof it just depends on your luck. some rooms had a toilet and a shower whilst others had 1 or the other and some had nothing at all.
    the contiki villages were pretty good, all of the ones i stayed at all had their own bathrooms that were clean,

i only used my sleeping bag a couple of times, but i travelled in July when it was boiling hot, but i would still suggest taking it, it comes in useful in austria and switzerland

hope this helps

• 1 Nov 2009 Cherry said

Cherry

thanks alicia. that info was helpful. in countries where you used your sleeping bag, was it because linens were not provided? is there an actual bed/mattress?

• 1 Nov 2009 *Alicia* said

Default_avatar

i used my sleeping bag in austria ans switzerland only because it was cold.
    in paris and rome it was way to hot to use the sleeping bags, we had people sleeping on the grass outside the rooms, but i wouldnt suggest that
    all the campsites had mattresses that came with a bottom sheet and a pillow

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion