Community_discussions_small  

Question

Is Spanish Spree just one big party???

29 Dec 2008 Explorer286 asked

Default_avatar
Hi all,
I am considering booking this tour July 09, travelling solo & would like to hear some reviews from past travellers. I'm a bit worried that its all drinking & clubbing til early hours!!! Dont get me wrong though, I like a night out with a few drinks but from what I have heard its full on???? If anyone has a different view would like to hear from u!

Thanks Smiler

PS I am 33
  • 29 Dec 2008 Adel said

Default_avatar

hi explorer286

I did the spanish spree in june-july 08. Don’t worry too much, contiki is pretty much one big party Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> but it really depends on the group you’re with. Spanish spree tends to cater to older people so late 20s to mid 30s. There’s drinking and clubbing nearly every night of the 11 nights, but it’s not so bad as you could always miss out on a few, and you could always head off earlier than others.

Once you get to Ibiza it’ll tend to get more full on, but again it’s still up to you when you wanna call it a night.

In short – you’ll have a great time Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Spain is fantastic and so beautiful. CONSIDER IT!

ENJOY Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 30 Dec 2008 Explorer286 said

Default_avatar

Adel – thanks for your reply, I am happy to hear that this tour attracts the late 20’s to mid 30’s, as much as age doesnt really matter its nice to know Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Natka1 – Shame you are going in June & not July! This is the type of holiday I am also looking for as I want to see the country & not have a hangover everyday! You are right though..I will also make sure that I do what I want to do! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 1 Feb 2009 Explorer1123625 said

Default_avatar

Hi! I’m Sara and I will be going on the Spanish Spree tour in July ‘09 as well. What tour will you be doing? I havent finalized mine yet but I’m thinking mid-July. I’m 24. I’m not a HUGE partier but I like to have a good time! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    Let me know what tour you’ll be on. I’m going solo so I’d like to meet people before the tour starts!

• 5 Feb 2009 Explorer286 said

Default_avatar

Hi Sara!

Well to be honest after much consideration I have decided not to go with contiki for my tour of spain, I am actually doing a Busabout tour called “Iberian Adventure” from 5th July 09 then adding a couple of nights in Barcelona!

Hope you have a great time whatever you decide! BelSmiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 9 Mar 2009 Explorer1127329 said

Default_avatar

are you going june 20th? i’m thinking about going. i’ve never been on a contiki tour. i’m 32 and was wondering what the age group would be like.

quote:
    Originally posted by Natka1:
    I haven’t been on this tour yet. Will be going in June and I will not be clubbing and drinking until ealy hours every day. I’ll be having a few drinks here and there and maybe a couple of late nights, but I don’t want to miss out on sightseing so definetly will be getting some rest. I have heard this tour is a party tour, but this is my vacation and I am going to do what I want to do. Hopefully there will be some others like me on the tour.

• 16 Apr 2009 claire79 said

claire79

I’m torn between this tour & Amsterdam to Barcelona at the moment – I just can’t make my mind up! Will probably be travelling at the end of August or first few weeks of September.

I’m a 30 year old travelling solo, from London – I don’t mind a bit of a party but can’t cope with 6am finishes all 12 nights I don’t think!

Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 1 Jul 2009 Explorer1120663 said

Default_avatar

claire79 I did this trip in Jan and part of the group was out till 4 or 5 am. For those that did not go out late at night we still had a good time and where able to enjoy the days. As for Amsterdam to Barcelona or the Spanish Spree for being the better tour you have decided what you want. A snap shot of a bunch of countries or a more indeoth regional expereince. My travel agent recomended that if you have already done a Grand Europian tour you probably want to focous on just a country or two.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion