Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Shotover Jet or Huka jet

16 Aug 2010 asheee said

Default_avatar
Hey Everyone!

I'm just wondering which of these two optionals is the better one? I don't see the point in doing two jet boat rides but would like to do one!

Thanks Smiler
  • 16 Aug 2010 Tanya said

Default_avatar

Hey!

I’ve been looking into all the NZ optionals myself. I read that the shotover is the way to go – more fun and better scenery.

• 17 Aug 2010 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Shotover does 360’s in narrower canyon pass.

- Vic

• 20 Aug 2010 Kiwigirl89 said

Default_avatar

Hi, well the Huka Jet operates in Taupo and the Shotover jet in Dunedin way down south in the South island. So I assume your touring both islands. I went on the Huka Jet recently and had a blast the boat doing a 360 degree spin right next to the large Huka waterfall was a highlight. In saying that I probably would say to go on the Shotover jet as it goes down a tight canyon inchs from hitting it. Sadly though my booking of the shotover jet was cancelled due to weather conditions..something about the canyon flooding.. which is something else to think about as the Huka Jet operates in most weather conditions. Either way you’ll have a blast. Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> I was told I had a grin plastered ear to ear while on the ride.

• 12 Oct 2010 ellymichelley said

ellymichelley

i just did both but i prefered the huka falls one. it was alot more actioned packed and i couldnt wipe the smile off my face. i found the shotover to be average compared to huka

• 15 Nov 2010 LeonNZ88 said

LeonNZ88

shotover jet in queenstown is possibly best jet in nz i have been on rapids jet in taupo that was nothing compared to shotover u go thru narrow canyons almost clipping rocks and lots of 360 spins.
    A great adrenaline rush that will leave a smile stuck permanantly on your face!

Leon, nz

• 22 Nov 2010 Explorer1208812 said

Default_avatar

Dont mean to alarm anyone but the Shotover Jet was involved in accident recently

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/t…-20101123-184mk.html

• 23 Nov 2010 ptooma said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer1208812:
    Dont mean to alarm anyone but the Shotover Jet was involved in accident recently

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/t…-20101123-184mk.html

They do come pretty close to the wall … Bound to happen some time – the automotive equivalent of single vehicle fender bender. But in this case, canyon walls don’t give way.

- Vic

• 21 Aug 2011 StephJ07 said

StephJ07

I understand you would not want to do both jets as you think they may be the same but as stated they are in different islands with different scenery.
    I live in NZ and have done the Huka Jet and its amazing, I cant comment for the Shotover Jet as i havn’t done it yet but I’ve also heard thats amazing as well. In regards to the accident, your going to have risks with that kind of activity no matter where you are in the world.

No matter which one you do you will be smiling from ear to ear! =)

• 1 Sep 2011 Explorer1084121 said

Default_avatar

totally up to you which one is chosen.I for medical reasons am not allowed to do either which is a bit of a shame.

• 1 Sep 2011 zax said

zax

hmm, and i thought whitewater rafting is more fun than both the jets? im getting confused…

• 1 Sep 2011 Explorer1084121 said

Default_avatar

White Water Rafting is fun too.Again I am on special medication so all of these activities are off limits to me

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion