Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Hotel facilities

22 Apr 2008 meggles said

Default_avatar
In australia basic (cheap) hotels come with a fridge, kettel, sometimes a microwave, TV, hairdryer, towles and bedding. i was wondering if this is the same in london, paris and rome hotels that contiki stay in? does anyone know?
  • 22 Apr 2008 bec said

Default_avatar

I would be intrested in some feedback on these questions too, mite give me more of an idea of what to pack (which hopefully wont be a towel)

• 22 Apr 2008 Katiebee said

Katiebee

We went on a hotel stay contiki and the hotels are all really different to what they provide, esp to what you are used to in NZ and Aussie.

But yes, in all the hotels you will get towels provided – but they don’t provide face cloths which I found really annoying, so if you are a girl and want a face cloth to wash off makeup at the end of the night – take one of those!
    But don’t take a towel, we took two, lugged them all over europe and never used them! Not worth the space.

I don’t think any of the hotels we stayed at had a fridge (some had a mini bar).

A kettle was another rare thing, we got one at the royal national, but i don’t think any of the hotels in euro had them, you do get free tea and coffee with breakfast though.

Never a microwave

TV at 95% of places

Hairdryer only at about 50%, I don’t use a hairdryer at home, but i wish i had of taken one with me – we only had 1 night stops at most places and were home late, getting up early in the morning, so i was either going to bed with wet hair, or going out the next day with wet hair which sucked!

Bedding is all provided.

Hope this is helpful, have fun on your trips – jealous! -

• 23 Apr 2008 Kelly86 said

Default_avatar

I’m doing the Road to Athens tour this summer and I wanted to know if anyone knew if the hotels in Europe have clothing irons or steamers available? I’m trying to decide what kinds of things to pack.

• 23 Apr 2008 Katiebee said

Katiebee

There was never an iron in your room, but i didn’t check to see whether that sort of thing was available to borrow from the hotel?? Would probably be easiest to just bring non crinkle items as you are so busy/having so much fun you won’t be bothered to spend time having to iron clothes. Also some times if we were running late on the bus we might be given 1/2 hour to get ready before we go out.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.