Community_discussions_small  

Comment

La Tomatina

29 Dec 2007 Girlface said

Default_avatar
Just wondering if anyone is going to La Tomatina after their contiki tour is over. I can't wait to go but hoping to find people to meet up with.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomatina
  • 15 Jan 2008 Beau said

Beau

hey iam planning on doing la tomatina i was just getting a hotel for the night before and the night after the festival the 26th and 27th of aug but after reading some stuff on the net i heard a few people say that there are so many people there they struggles to get to the town center and ended up a couple of blocks away from the center and didnt really see or get involed in the tomato fight the said the atm,osphere was great but one guy even said they just went in a pub and drank whuile it was on as they where so far away. so i have planned to do a tour with eather fanatics or topdeck there like only $100 more then the hotel i booked and u get your hotel trasfers to the town where it is as its about an hr away from velancis where every one stays and this way ur asured to get involed hope this helps you out you got any other questions just e mail me beau_radford@hotmail.com

• 15 Jan 2008 Girlface said

Default_avatar

The fanatics package looks awesome thank you so much for the info!! Im not 100% that I will be able to go but if I do I definitly think thats the way to do it!

• 16 Jan 2008 donno13 said

Default_avatar

That Fanatics package does look great – and probably the perfect ‘festival’ to make the most of the camping experience.

Does anyone have any advice on La Tomatina? Ways to make the most of it, dangers / traps to look out for, things to do on the days before and after in the Valencia area?

Thanks in advance for any help / advice

Glenn

• 17 Jan 2008 Beau said

Beau

hey donno i think iam going to do the fanatics tour but the hatel one as iam already doing camping with there running waith the bulls tour i read a lonel planet book and valencia and its a pretty big touwn surpose to have a nice cathegral (church i cant spell) with the only cathlic church reconised cup from the last supper so basicly the hole grail so could be cool to see plus there a few other things to see like meusems and stuff.

• 17 Jan 2008 donno13 said

Default_avatar

Sounds good.

I’m picking the camping for same sort of reason, my Contiki is a Time Out so I figured I’d rough it for a few days.

I’m seriously considering booking the Fanatics package soon though – just need to work out the logistics!

• 21 Jan 2008 Beau said

Beau

hey everyone i just booked iam doing the hotel package but iam sure i will run into you all over there we will have to have a drink at the party and throw some tomartos at you cant wait.
    see you there

beau_radford@hotmail.com

• 21 Jan 2008 donno13 said

Default_avatar

Good stuff mate – I’m still trying to justify it to myself. I’d made my mind to leave all my spare time as exactly that, but this seems like it’ll be one of those wasted opportunities…

• 13 Feb 2008 Beau said

Beau

hey everyone just wrighting to get this forum back up the top again and see if anyone else is doing the tomato festival will b really good its on the 27th of aug will b fun

• 2 Jul 2008 Jenna! said

Jenna!

Hey Jenna here
    Myself and a friend Kat are doing the fanatics camping package n we’re so excited!
    Bring on beach volleyball, beautiful Valencia as many tomatos that I can throw!

Jen Cool<!--graemlin::cool:-->

• 3 Jul 2008 Rob82 said

Rob82

Hey everyone, I’m planning on heading to Tomatina too, going on my own. Looking at booking a Hotel package Holiday Inn with Fanatics. Who else is doing this?

Rob

• 3 Jul 2008 donno13 said

Default_avatar

Haven’t booked yet – but I’m pretty sure I am now going to go for the hotel package with the fanatics. I think the shorter stay is better so that I can still get around and see as much as possible.

Hopefully meet some of you there!

• 4 Jul 2008 Rob82 said

Rob82

Hey donno, yeah that’s what I was thinking also. If you want to email me I’m at betabuybega@hotmail.com

Rob

• 5 Jul 2008 Explorer1105742 said

Default_avatar

Hey All!

I’m heading to La Tomatina this year too! I hear there’s a party in Bunol on the fields the night before. I will be there and I have accomodation on the 27th. Anyone else going to spend the night in Bunol on the 26th of July partying in the fields?

• 7 Jul 2008 Carms said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys,
    I’m kicking myself I hadn’t heard about the fanatics tours until after I booked a TopDeck Tour for the La Tomatina Festival..I think I might need to team up with the blokes cos I’ve heard girls can be given a bit of a hard time through the fight… Eeker<!--graemlin::eek:-->
    Is there going to be a meeting place to drink before the festival begins? Cool<!--graemlin::cool:-->
    Anyone on Facebook?

• 7 Jul 2008 Rob82 said

Rob82

Yeah I’m on facebook, rhotch@hotmail.com

• 7 Jul 2008 Vic said

Default_avatar

A couple of my friends and I have booked the fanatics hostel as week for la tomatina but we combined it with the ibzia one. Is anyone else going to Ibzia after La Tomatina

• 8 Jul 2008 Stevo said

Stevo

Hey all!

Am on facebook too. sbaylee@hotmail.com

Also doing the Ibiza/Tomatina combo, gonna be huge!

Add me if ya going travellers!

Steve

• 8 Jul 2008 Carms said

Default_avatar

Hey – Hey,

If you guys are on FB before me – Look for ‘Carms’ – I have a red and white beanie on.. Cool<!--graemlin::cool:-->

• 9 Jul 2008 Beau said

Beau

hey crew iam doing the fanatics hotel pacage but might change to the camping just beast i just did the running of the bulls with them and had a blast loads of fun and some of the guys on thet tour are camping i heard the hotrel pacage also has a waiting list but could be wrong will be fun cant wait especerly if its anything like to bulls any way speak to u all soon Beau

Beau_radford@hotmail.com

dont have facebook yet but i guess i will need it buy the time i get back

• 20 Aug 2009 Explorer1148243 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys, If you really want to have a good time I suggest you go with Stoke Travel. I went with them to Running of the Bulls and they are all inclusive and the cheapest. They also know how to party. They have a bar at their campsite and its 5./euro day unlimited beer and sangria. You will not regret it. see you there

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion