Community_discussions_small  

Question

Eastern Discovery New Orleans to NY Oct 15th ?

31 Jul 2013 MeganMackander asked

MeganMackander

Hey guys, I'm going on the Eastern Discovery tour on October 15, New Orleans to New York, would love to meet up with others going on this tour. I'm also combining a New York highlights tour for four days at the end of the tour starting October 29. Keen to get in touch with others :)

• 3 Aug 2013 Ellen said

Ellen

Hey! I am also doing this tour and then i am just staying in new york for an extra 4 nights because i have been before, are you travelling solo too? It will be good to get to know a few people before we go :) I am so excited!

• 3 Aug 2013 MeganMackander said

MeganMackander

Hi Ellen, I’m doing the exact same thing!! I’ve been to New York before though? It’s incredible. Would love to
    Get to know a few people too, I’m going solo. Not ideal but I hear its not a problem on contiki lol. Where you from?

• 4 Aug 2013 Ellen said

Ellen

Yeh NY is my absolute favourite! its amazing the only reason i didnt choose to do the New York Highlights is because i did the best of USA 2 years ago and the NY part is exactly the same.
    Its fine doing it solo i have done one before on my own and i think it more fun! Are you doing anything else while your in the states?
    I am from parkes in nsw what about you?

• 4 Aug 2013 MeganMackander said

MeganMackander

Ahh okay. I’m looking forward to seeing New York again, are you staying at the courtyard Marriott for the one random night in between the two tours? I am. That way don’t have to change hotels. I’m going to Las Vegas for a few days and then to Mississippi to a college town I studied in a few years ago and then New Orleans. Are you doing any extra days in New Orleans prior to the tour? We should catch up if you are!

I am from the Sunshine Coast in Qld

• 4 Aug 2013 Ellen said

Ellen

I actually have not booked any of my accommodation for my new york stay yet! i am hopeless my travel agent lady just said to wait. I am flying into LA and i am staying there for 1 night then i fly to new orleans the day before the tour so i dont really have much extra time unfortunately but we should catch up the day before for sure!
    And it will Halloween too while we are in new york which will be so good!!
    I was speaking to a friend who did this same tour maybe like 6months ago and apparently the eastern discovery sometimes joins another tour if its not full or something, did you know that?

• 4 Aug 2013 MeganMackander said

MeganMackander

Omg I didn’t even realize we will be in ny for Halloween, that’s amazing! Hahha will have to come up with a costume. You should book a night at the courtyard Marriott. It’s the starting point an hotel for the 4 days new yek explorer tour. If we could meet up in New Orleans that would be awesome

• 5 Aug 2013 Ellen said

Ellen

yes i was so excited when i found out too! NY accom is so expensive its insane! Yes we should totally catch up in new orleans, i am so excited i have been researching lately and the places we go to seem pretty amaze!
    Have you been is extreme saving mode lately? Its been killing me i just want to shop haha

• 16 Aug 2013 belle said

belle

hey girls!
    just booking this tour now!
    so excited!
    i don’t think i am going to do the NY uncovered contiki after…
    Ellen, are you not doing it either?
    would love to have someone to explore with after! I’m also travelling solo :)

• 26 Aug 2013 MeganMackander said

MeganMackander

Hi belle,

Sorry for late reply!! So glad to hear you have booked, I’m travelling solo too so also keen to chat to people before I go. Are you going to New Orleans any earlier? I’m there about one day early and haven’t booked a hotel yet. If you are, would love To tee something up to stay somewhere so I’m not alone! I’ve been to New Orleans before and it’s not the sort of place where you want to be alone lol . I’m doing the New York tour after as well :)

• 26 Aug 2013 MeganMackander said

MeganMackander

Also girls check this out. Big Halloween parade on in New York on October 31. Not sure if you will be there for this one belle? The parade was listed as a highlight in lonely planet, can’t wait :)

http://halloween-nyc.com/participate.php

• 29 Aug 2013 Ellen said

Ellen

Hey Belle!
    I am just staying 4 extra nights in NY after the tour finishes so i will there to explore! Do you know what area in NY your staying? I am so excited too i need a holiday haha.

• 29 Aug 2013 belle said

belle

Hey girls! Thanks for replying!
    I’m definitely up for that parade!! Looks amazing!!
    I still haven’t booked any accommodation for NY.. haha I’m so lazy!
    But I’m excited that you guys will be around to hang out with!

• 31 Aug 2013 Ellen said

Ellen

I havent booked NY accom either Belle! way too many options and i cannot decide! haha
    Are you doing the tour solo too? are you doing anything else while your in the states?

• 31 Aug 2013 belle said

belle

Hey Ellen!
    I probably won’t book NY accom until we’re actually on the tour haha!
    I’m in the states for over a month after we finish the trip, and have planned absolutely nothing!
    I’m also traveling solo :)
    I fly out in less than a week because I’m going to South America first!
    Eeeeeeeeeek!

• 3 Sep 2013 Ellen said

Ellen

I am actually doing the same thing haha i will just booked when i am on tour depending on how much money i spend haha
    I was actually going to do south america before my tour too! how crazy but i couldnt get that much time off work so i just didn’t work out :( have the most amazing time there i am super jealous! have a safe flight too!

• 4 Sep 2013 belle said

belle

Yay! Well I think there’s actually a few of us booking NY while we’re on the trip so maybe we can try get an apartment on air bnb ! How long are you planning on staying in NY? I’m so excited !!!! Eeeeeek!

• 4 Sep 2013 belle said

belle

And when do you fly home?

• 4 Sep 2013 Ellen said

Ellen

yeh there are so many amaze apartments in NY on air bnb so that sounds like a good plan :) well at the moment i fly out on the 1st on nov but i am trying to change it haha what about you?
    I am so so excited too, cannot wait!!!

• 4 Sep 2013 belle said

belle

I fly home around the 5th of December haha so I’ve got a looooooong time after contiki :)

• 5 Sep 2013 Ellen said

Ellen

oh wow! thats amazing i am so jealous haha

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion