Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Greek Island Hopping - GREEK FERRIES!

28 Sep 2008 Jetsettr Rhiannon said

Jetsettr Rhiannon
Looking at travelling on the Contiki Greek Island Hopping tour May/June 2009 and was wondering if anyone can answer a couple of questions?...

*Does Contiki use the Express or High-Speed ferries or the slower, normal ferries between islands on this tour?

*If they use the slow ferries, can you take a fast one, get there quicker and get any sort of re-imbursement for getting there yourself?

*How long is the transit between islands?

Maybe silly but important to me!

Many thanks!
  • 8 Oct 2008 Jonno1985 said

Default_avatar

hey
    i did a euro panorama last yr which included a ferry from italy to corfu.
    im pretty sure u catch the same ferry as everyone else, just to ya know keep everyone together.
    the ferries are generally nice and rleaxing, we had an overnight cruise from the arse end of italy to corfu so im not sure how long it would take from island to island.
    so yeah just kick bak and enjoy Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 12 Oct 2008 Emma said

Default_avatar

I did the Greek Island Hopping tour this past summer. You won’t be reimbursed if you get your own ferry, the tour manager books the ferries for the whole group as one. We managed to get on all high speed ferries for our trip, but it depends on what is available when the tour manager does the bookings. The first ferry is the longest – from Athens to Mykonos it was about 7-8 hours. The rest of the ferry rides were between 1 1/2 – 3 hours.

• 12 Oct 2008 Jetsettr Rhiannon said

Jetsettr Rhiannon

Thanks for the reply Dizzy. It was really helpful.

How did you like the tour? Was it all party, part, party or did you have a good mix of people in your group?

Thanks again!

• 14 Oct 2008 Emma said

Default_avatar

This was my 3rd Contiki – and it was definitely the most party party tour I’ve done. But it’s geared towards that with more time in each place and a lot more relaxed atmosphere. Other than Athens, there’s not as much sightseeing to do on the islands – so everyone was ready to go out at night. It was a great tour – scenery was beautiful, loved the food and I would definitely recommend doing it – but it was a bit different from my previous Contikis.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion