Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Trail Tour, starting Dec 6th 2013?

31 Jul 2013 emkh asked

emkh

Just booked and wondering if anyone else is going? :)

• 31 Jul 2013 dgalpern said

Default_avatar

I do not recommend touring with this company. I traveled on the European Escape trip for June 24-July 19th. I originally booked this tour after talking to Ethan Juarez on the phone in the month of March 2013. I was told my tour manager (Jay Wedge) would give me the highlights of each city, take me to all the places listed on the itinerary, give a walking tour of each city, and would be at each location at least for 2 hours to have the opportunity to site see and would have guidance for places to site see . In addition I was also told most of my day would spend with the group and would be given only a few hours to site see. On the contrary my experience was completely the opposite of what I was told on the phone. I have listed some bullet points of the highlights that impacted my trip in a negative manner. Please see the bullet points below: Pros: • Tour guides that were hired in Italy were insightful • Me optionals were great! Cons: • These are the places that are listed on the itinerary that I was not taken to by my tour manager: ( In Paris: Arc de Triomphe, the Louvre, Elysees, and Notre Dame Cathedral, In Barcelona: Olympic Games- In Florence: Piazza Navona, Munich: Glockenspiel & Marienplatz, In Lucerne: wooden chapel bridge, In Swiss Alphs to Rhine Valley: Heideberg’s medieval castle, Lorelei Rock In Amsterdam: the gables houses by night. I was only shown these places on the bus, no walking tour was provided). I was taken to the “Tower of Pisa,” and was only given 10 minutes to see the tower. • Evaluation of Tour Manager: Jay Wedge was my tour manager for the entire trip. I feel I was not given any guidance as to places to visit in each city. When I asked him for guidance he was rushy to answer my questions and would not take the time to answer all of my questions and provide me with his insight. He also made verbal comments that did not make me feel comfortable and made me feel my questions were not valuable. Some of his comments were “are you serious,” with other questions he also would laugh when answering my questions. My tour manager also did not treat us equally. He was more attentive to the people who were there to party and was not helpful to people that were interested in sightseeing. During the nights when our group would go out with our tour manager he would heavily drink with the majority of the group who was interested in drinking. He heavily encouraged drinking over sightseeing. My experience was strongly impacted by my tour manager’s attitude and lack of guidance.

• 2 Aug 2013 DJ said

DJ

I am =D
    Have you been to Europe before?

• 2 Aug 2013 emkh said

emkh

Hey! Nah I’ve never left Australia haha, you? :)

• 3 Aug 2013 DJ said

DJ

Yeah I’ve been to France and Italy before, really excited to see the rest of Europe!!

• 5 Aug 2013 Adam said

Adam

I am!

• 5 Aug 2013 Reece.Cattas said

Reece.Cattas

• 5 Aug 2013 Reece.Cattas said

Reece.Cattas

Yes ! With my best mate hopefully :))

• 5 Aug 2013 sarahlv33 said

sarahlv33

I am doing this tour in September. Happy to be contacted after for feedback!

• 7 Aug 2013 Reece.Cattas said

Reece.Cattas

Just decided i might stay an extra week to hav new years in london :)) what about everyone else ??

• 7 Aug 2013 Adam said

Adam

Dude I’m staying In London for a week after the tour too!!!!

• 7 Aug 2013 emkh said

emkh

I’m in Paris for New Years

Reece.Cattas

I was thinking about paris for new years ?? Whats happening there on new years ? ,,, sick bro !!

• 7 Aug 2013 emkh said

emkh

No idea. I have a friend in Paris so I’m staying with her, I’ll do whatever she does haha

Reece.Cattas

Apparently there is a wicked light show at the eiffel tower on new years ! :)

• 7 Aug 2013 DJ said

DJ

Paris for New Years as well!

• 11 Aug 2013 emkh said

emkh

Hating life, I have to postpone my trip to next year :(

• 11 Aug 2013 Reece.Cattas said

Reece.Cattas

That’s shit ! Why’s that ?

• 12 Aug 2013 emkh said

emkh

Booked it spontaneously and now realised I’m screwed, I wont have enough money haha.

• 12 Aug 2013 Reece.Cattas said

Reece.Cattas

You got like 4 months to save tho !! Thats heaps of time !

• 12 Aug 2013 emkh said

emkh

I know! But i put a deposit down so I have to come up with 4 grand in like 4 weeks

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion