Community_discussions_small  

Comment

26 Days Grand Southern Feb 2011

3 Aug 2010 Alyce said

Alyce
Hey I am female travelling solo to America Tour 26 Days Grand Southern Feb 2011.
Interested if there is anyone else out there looking at the same tour?

Really excited to be going at last :-)
  • 3 Aug 2010 aymeh! said

Default_avatar

Hi Alyce are you doing the LA or New York start…theres a few of us on here doing the New York start departing 18th Feb Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 3 Aug 2010 Alyce said

Alyce

Hey Aymeh,

I was hoping to do the LA start on the 18th Feb. My dates are still pending so I am really unsure of which way my tour will actually go.

• 3 Aug 2010 Pamela85 said

Pamela85

Hi Alyce

I am doing the Grand Southern in Feb as well. Im doing the New York start.

Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 4 Aug 2010 Alyce said

Alyce

Hey,

Nice to know people are interested as the same time as me.
    I am hoping to spend time in before and after the tour in LA or NY which everway my tour starts. I am so keen to find out my dates, My travel agent still hasn’t heard anything about dates for the LA to NY.
    Are you planning to spend time in NY before the tour starts?

• 4 Aug 2010 Pamela85 said

Pamela85

hey im booked for the 18th Feb tour starting at NY. The dates have come out for next year check out the website.

im planning to stay 2 nights before the tour in NY and 2 nights after in LA.

really looking forward to it, its my first contiki tour Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

where u from?

• 4 Aug 2010 Alyce said

Alyce

hey,

I have checked out the website and the dates for LA start in Feb 2011 aren’t up yet. I am not to fussed on which way the tour starts. I would prefer LA start as I had what I was going to do kinda planned out.

It is my first Contiki aswell. So excited! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    I am from Australia. What about you?

• 4 Aug 2010 Pamela85 said

Pamela85

hey check out this link for the brochure.
    http://issuu.com/contiki.holid…=magazine&mode=embed
    I think they dont do LA to NY in feb.

I am from Perth. add me on facebook if u wana chat sometime Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

chica_pam@hotmail.com

• 4 Aug 2010 Alyce said

Alyce

Thanks for the link.
    I have got the old brochure.

I will add you when I am on facebook next Thanks Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 5 Aug 2010 aymeh! said

Default_avatar

Im on the same tour as Pamela, you should join us! Im from Sydney and im going to San Francisco for 2 days then New York for 3 days then the tour and 2 days in LA before i fly home! This will be my 3rd contiki you can also add me to Facebook aymeh_@hotmail.com Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 5 Aug 2010 Alyce said

Alyce

Hey,
    Well I am thinking that I will have do the NY to LA cause the dates for that tour suit me and my work the best. So I am going to be in NY for 3 days before the tour but thinking of going even early as I was going to do 3 days in Hawaii on my way home so thinking of cutting that. I will also be staying in LA for 2 days after the tour. Have you booked any Motels/ Hotels for your extra nights. I am having trouble on deciding where to stay.

Thanks I will add you next time I am on facebook. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 5 Aug 2010 Pamela85 said

Pamela85

im staying 2 nights before the tour at the New York Skyline and 2 nights after the tour at LA Kyoto Hotel. I just choose these ones as they are the hotels contiki suggest. ive never been to america before so i thought id just give them a go Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 8 Aug 2010 Rhiannon said

Default_avatar

Hi guys

im looking at doing the Grand Southern in december 2011. Just wondering if you know where you are staying in Orlando, Miami and Washington. I have heard a few bad things about the accomodation and that its 5 bus rides to get from the hotel to south beach in miami.

I;ve done contiki before and the hotels have been average but who cares – you’re not there to sit in your hotel room. I was just wondering if they were really as far out as people have said?

Thanks

Rhi

• 9 Aug 2010 Alyce said

Alyce

Hey Rhiannon,

I sorry I have no idea about the hotel in those places. This will be my first Contiki.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion