Community_discussions_small  

Question

London to Paris travel time?

13 May 2010 Bec asked

Default_avatar
I'm doing the 9 day England and Scotland tour in August but am also staying in London before and afterwards, but also want to go to Paris after the tour. The only thing is, I'm having trouble finding reliable info as to how much time I'd need to get from London (the Royal National) to a hotel (not sure which one) in Paris, then to see a few sights.

I'll only have two or three days max, but I'm not sure how long it would take to travel from London (St Pancras International station where the Eurostar leaves, I think) to the station in Paris. If I leave London after midday on Saturday, and I get to Paris in the evening that day, then have two days after that in Paris (to see the Eiffel Tower and Paris sights one day, and Versailles the other), would I be able to get back to London either Monday night or Tuesday morning?

Also, my tour finishes in Glasgow at 8am, and I catch the train back to London which arrives at 1pm - does anyone know which station you arrive at?
  • 13 May 2010 Wynnne said

Default_avatar

http://www.eurostar.com/ is your friend. The average train time is about 2 and a half hours. It’s a bit like a flight though in that you have to check in at least 30 minutes before departure, so you should probably add an hour for actual station to station time.

From Glasgow you would almost certainly be travelling down the West Coast Mainline, so that would suggest you would be arriving into Euston. It’s 15 minutes walk from there to St Pancras, along the same road (St Pancras is on Euston Road!)

• 15 May 2010 Bec said

Default_avatar

Thanks, that’s brilliant!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion