Community_discussions_small  

Question

GIH-May 25- ANYONE???

5 May 2008 Shahla asked

Default_avatar
Hi I'm 23 F from Toronto going on the May 25th tour. Anyone else travelling alone? I'm arriving in Greece on May 25th, a day before the tour anyone else arriving early?

this is my first contiki tour and i'm so excited!!!!
  • 7 May 2008 Shahla said

Default_avatar

seems like no one is going on this tour.

• 8 May 2008 renango said

Default_avatar

Usually people just don’t know about the Site.
    But you can find out by calling contiki, to see if its guaranteed. which usually means 25-30 people will be on it.
    Our trip starts may 23rd.. and only 3 people on the board, but its guaranteed, so probably around 30+ people. Will be my 6 contiki.. never seen a trip less then 40 people.. so wouldnt worry about it..
    Eric

• 9 May 2008 Shahla said

Default_avatar

the lady said its guartanteed but i’m there a day before the tour and wouldnt mind meeting up with people from the tour

• 11 May 2008 Explorer1099474 said

Default_avatar

hey I might be going on that tour. You know I’m here at work and I just tried messaging you for the past like 10 minutes. I was going crazy.

I’m 24 and I live in toronto also my name is Bryant. I just asked my forman for xtra time off but he’s up in the air about it. I was wondering how you are getting to athens for I work for the airlines and I travel standby I was going to go through frankfurt. How are you getting there

• 11 May 2008 Shannon said

Default_avatar

HI,

My name is Shannon, I’m from Edmonton. I will be on the May 25 GIH tour. I’m arriving on the 26. I’m glad to see that there are people going. I wasn’t sure if I would meet anyone on here before I went or would have to wait till I got over to Athens.

See you in 2 weeks!

• 11 May 2008 Shannon said

Default_avatar

Anyone on the 9:15 am flight from Frankfurt to Athens on May 26? If so, would anyone be intrested in sharing a cab or getting to the hotel together?

• 11 May 2008 Shahla said

Default_avatar

I’m arriving in Athens at 1:05 pm on May 25, going with Air France. Wouldn’t mind chilling with people before the tour starts. Let me know if you’re going to be there earlier.

• 11 May 2008 Explorer1099474 said

Default_avatar

Shahla if I go I will be there a few days earlier and will probally be staying in a hostel

• 12 May 2008 Shahla said

Default_avatar

Hi Bryant, thats what i’m considering since our hotel is expensive for one person to stay. i’m probably going to get to the airport and figure my way around the city and probably go see some places.

do you know where you might be staying?

• 12 May 2008 Explorer1099474 said

Default_avatar

I have no idea were I’m staying!!!!!
    But I was thinking of going to rome and then over to greece. But I will look for a hostel.
    I’m not 100 percent sure if I’m going yet but it might look though as I am. If I am we can talk about it when I’m 100 percent sure let you know

• 12 May 2008 Shannon said

Default_avatar

Hey,

My flight gets into Athens on the 26 at 12:55. Look forward to meeting up with everyone then!

• 13 May 2008 Shahla said

Default_avatar

Shannon it will be great to meet with you as well. Are you going to the hotel once you arrive?

• 13 May 2008 Shannon said

Default_avatar

Yes I will be going right to the hotel. I will be wanting a shower once I get there. Are you planning to be going and seeing Athens on the 26?

Default_avatar

yeah I want to explore the city, history and beaches a bit before the tour.

Default_avatar

less than 12 days to go!!!!

so excited. i have to go shopping and start packing Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 14 May 2008 Shannon said

Default_avatar

Have fun on your free day! Cool<!--graemlin::cool:-->

Default_avatar

I’m just about packed. Just need to wash some clothes.

• 14 May 2008 Shahla said

Default_avatar

yeah i need to pack, probably going to do it the night before or the day of

Default_avatar

I fly out of Edmonton at 10 am, need to catch the sky shuttle that leaves at 7:45am. So, I won’t have any time to pack the day of. Probably will be all packed this coming weekend. Then nothin to really worry about.

• 15 May 2008 Explorer1099474 said

Default_avatar

Shannon and Shahla i’ve booked the tour for the May 25th they told me its almost sold out!!!
    So Shahla since your from Toronto how are you getting to Athens. You going direct or transfering!!! I live in Toronto as well.
    And Shannon are you coming over to Toronto and taking the Frankfurt flight out??

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.