Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Transportation from Gatwick to Royal National Hotel

13 Jan 2008 Angel said

Angel
Have anyone used the Dot2Dot transportation (http://www.dot2.com) from Gatwick to the Royal National Hotel. It seems to be about the same price than taking the trains and they take you directly to your hotel. I will be in the Dec. 28th discovery tour with my wife and I'm looking for the best way to go from Gatwick to the hotel and viceversa.

Angel
  • 13 Jan 2008 Jeremy said

Jeremy

Are you coming from the US? If so I would check with contiki, they may supply train vouchers to get you to central London.

• 13 Jan 2008 PinaI said

PinaI

I’ve never heard of Dot2Dot but, by looking at their website, I would consider it as an option.

National Express is the UK’s big bus line and this must be one of their new services – It looks like it would be reliable and professional and a one-way trip from Gatwick to Central London starts at 24pounds each.

If you take the Gatwick Express to London Victoria that will cost 17pounds and then the tube from Victoria to your hotel stop will probably be another 5pounds. Same same but a lot of fidgeting and changing of trains etc.

Dot2Dot would take the hassle out of your transfer, thats for sure.

• 14 Jan 2008 Angel said

Angel

Thank you for the information. Since I’m coming from the US, I will check with Contiki today and see if they are including the train vouchers and ask for more information about how they work. If they don’t include them, I will do Dot2Dot. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion