Community_discussions_small  

Question

Packing Sandals Vs Heels.. Help!

4 Aug 2013 jdlegs asked

jdlegs

Hey ladies, trying to pack as lightly as possible. I am heading off to Sth & Nth America and was hoping to get away with wearing sandals for nights out on the town.. Does anyone know if I would be able to wear sandals into night clubs across the States? Or do most of you other ladies out there pack ya heels too? I am doing a hiking tour so I'll have my hiking shoes that double as walking shoes.. and I live in my thongs during the days (aka flip flops/jandals but they aren't sandals) but for nights out I prefer flat shoes so I can last night without complaining about my feet! Please let me know what others out there have done in the past and what you are planning to take on your tour? Thanks in advance!

• 23 Aug 2013 kellym777 said

kellym777

hi jdlegs, i am starting a tour next week, i plan to take heels but i probably wouldn’t suggest sandals so much as they may feel like you are wearing thongs/flipflops and not let you in. maybe a pair of close toe flats?

• 23 Aug 2013 Kylee said

Kylee

Hi jdlegs, I did a tour of America last year and took heels but won’t be for my tour next year. From my experience as long as you aren’t wearing thongs you will be fine. We had a lot a females who wore flats because you do a lot of walking as well and lets face it, being in heels all night is a pain. Help this helps.

• 23 Sep 2013 jess said

jess

i took wedges and only used them once for the simple fact id packed them and they took up room in my suitcase… I wouldn’t bother packing heels unless you can do ALOT of walking and last all night

• 24 Sep 2013 jdlegs said

jdlegs

Thanks heaps for all your advice :) I have found a pair of cute sandals that don’t look like thongs that I am sure I will be able to get in with. Plus my feet won’t ache from the pain in walking (or clumping in my case) around in heels all night. Cheers, can’t wait only 9 days till I depart :)

• 5 Oct 2013 kellym777 said

kellym777

I just got home from my tour last night and I can say heels were pretty much a waste of time, i wore them 3 times in the 6 weeks I was away. Nice flats will be fine :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion