Community_discussions_small  

Question

sleeping bag or blanket?

22 Nov 2010 kristy asked

kristy
hey everyone im going to europe for 5months starting in may 2011 and i was wondering if you would recommend a blanket or sleeping bag.

im staying in hotels until june and then i start my tours which is 'concept' and they say bring a sleeping bag.
its right in the middle of summer and could i get by with just a blanket or is it to cold?

if you've been before what did you use?
  • 22 Nov 2010 m0lly said

Default_avatar

I got this advise from a friend who went on a tour, he told me just to bring a blanket because its HOT – especially in Paris if your’e going there. Although you never know what kindof bed you’ll end up sleeping on so a sleeping bag probably wouldnt hurt – i plan on bringing a very lightweight sleeping bag on my tour

• 24 Nov 2010 navygreengolf said

navygreengolf

I did Europe in May 2010 (concept tour) and although it is hot in some places (like Paris) it can get very cold at night in others. Rome was particularly freezing at night, if I remember correctly. I had a Contiki sleeping bag (pretty lightweight) and it was sufficient. When it did get cold, I slept in a sweatshirt and long pants.

Enjoy your trip, hope this helps!

• 29 Nov 2010 Explorer1217966 said

Default_avatar

I would recommend taking a lightweight sleeping bag. I got one in Australia for $20 before leaving and it was great throughout my whole time over in Europe. I was there for 6 weeks. it is also handy for places like the Royal National hotel before your tour (if you’re staying there) as sometimes it has bed bugs, so it’s better to not sleep under their blankets.

• 29 Nov 2010 Lindsey said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer1217966:
    I got one in Australia for $20 before leaving

Where’d you get that from? I’ve been looking for one for a little while now, but it’s hard to find one under $40 at the very least. Since I don’t really plan on bringing it home, I don’t really want to spend much more than $20 on it Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 30 Nov 2010 Lindsey said

Default_avatar

Ta Praha, I’ll have to look out for that!

• 7 Dec 2010 Earl Squirrelson said

Earl Squirrelson

Hi Lindsey, I would probably a sleeping bag one in London when you get there, would be cheaper than oz, like 5 quid or so, and you dont have to carry it all the way…

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion