Community_discussions_small  

Question

Europe/Greek Islands in Summer 2014

5 Aug 2013 kmcalpine asked

kmcalpine

I'm 21 years old and live in Brisbane, Queensland at the moment and am planning on doing a European tour in Summer 2014 (Preferably looking to leave around June/July)

I don't have any friends who are financially able to go around this time or have committed to other travel plans.

I'm really hoping to find someone in the same boat who'd like to travel together, as I'd rather not go alone!

• 5 Aug 2013 Mikki said

Default_avatar

Heaps of people go solo, hell even I am next year, probs around April/may… You certainly won’t be alone, I’ve spoken to many people and have all said the same thing. I’m in the same position, none of my friends can afford to go. Plus, some of them would just annoy me after 30 or so days lol.

Good luck!

• 8 Aug 2013 DanBC_137 said

DanBC_137

Do it solo! Just got back from a Euro Horizon tour and I would say about 50-60% of the people traveled solo. Everyone is in the same boat and are keen to get to know each other from the start; nothing to be nervous about. I went alone and I’m so glad I did! Met so many great people that I’ll be keeping in touch with. Good luck!

• 12 Aug 2013 kasskass said

kasskass

I’m thinking of doing this tour around the same time as well. I think a lot of people do these tours solo. My friend has done it and said she’s made a lot of friends when she went :)

• 18 Aug 2013 Explorer1216782 said

Default_avatar

Hey! I’m doing the Ultimate European next year in July! I’m from Brisbane too! I’ve already done a European contiki before and trust me, travelling alone is the best way to meet people! I did it solo but made a Facebook group before the tour so knew some people before I left which was a great idea!

• 18 Aug 2013 hannnahhjayne said

hannnahhjayne

I’m planning on doing the Ultimate European + Greek Islands tour next year. I am in the same boat, feeling nervous about traveling alone. A couple of my friends have done it and absolutely loved it, met a lot of great people so will be a good experience!

• 19 Aug 2013 kmcalpine said

kmcalpine

This is really good to hear haha! Makes me feel a bit better about going solo :) Thanks!

• 27 Aug 2013 Maddy* said

Maddy*

Hi! I am 21 and planning on doing the exact same trip next year and im in the same boat – think i have to go it alone – scary! I’m from Brisbane too, soo keen to travel with someone :)

• 15 Sep 2013 Grace said

Grace

Hi I am 21 from Newcastle. I am looking at doing the ultimate European tour plus the Greek islands next year. None of my friend an afford it and I am looking for somebody to travel with. What tour are you looking into doing?

• 25 Sep 2013 MissPrice said

MissPrice

Hey!
    I’m doing the Ultimate European + Greek Islands on July 20th 2014. I’m going solo and I would love to hear from anyone doing this tour :)

• 26 Sep 2013 SophieM said

SophieM

Hi I am 18 from Adelaide and am also travelling alone! Everyone I know says doing it alone is the best way! I am planning on doing the European Adventurer at the end of June :)

• 26 Sep 2013 Stephaniekateee said

Stephaniekateee

Just booked the ultimate European Greek Islands option! For June 6th 2014!!!!! I am a solo baby. So excited but nervous. First contiki for me :)

• 27 Sep 2013 lmartin said

lmartin

I just booked for the European Escapade on June 28th 2014, going solo! Bit nervous :) then doing 2 & a half weeks backpacking! Hopefully get tickets to Tomorrowland and then Ibiza and/or Greek Islands!

• 8 Oct 2013 KateG said

KateG

Hi
    Is anyone looking at looking at doing the London to Athens starting 15th June? I want to do this tour but no definite departure date yet :(( I will also be going alone but I have done a USA Contiki alone but met some great girls that I still talk to today :)

• 8 Oct 2013 DaniLee said

DaniLee

hey :)

im going solo too, all my friends are being poor haha. i was going to book ultimate european + greek islands but now im thinking european adventurer which is slightly shorter and cheaper but you get to see croatia which will be amazeeee. definitely choosing a tour that leaves end of june so that i can be there for the whole summer haha :) let me know if you choose either of these x

• 8 Oct 2013 Ian C said

Ian C

hey kateg. I have booked the london to athens 15th june, But even though it is not definite departure now, it most likely will be soon.. Im doing the greek island hopping afterwards. ( 6th july)

• 16 Oct 2013 ssande2 said

ssande2

anyone planning on doing ultimate europe near the end of may or beginning of june 2014?

• 5 Nov 2013 Nicolle said

Nicolle

Hey girl.
    I am planning to do the London to Athens trip around the end of May into June 2014. I am in the exact same situation as you are, none of my friends can afford it. I am 22, from NY! If you’d like to talk about it feel free to email me. same goes for anyone else! napicella5@aol.com

• 7 Nov 2013 stella said

stella

• 8 Nov 2013 JacobReilly said

JacobReilly

Hi im 23 from brisbane australi. So excited when i read up about this ultimate europe tour. Has anybody bokked any dates. Im un sure wich dates will be the best. Also traveling solo for the experiance :) peace

• 8 Nov 2013 JacobReilly said

JacobReilly

Australia** :p

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion