Community_discussions_small  

Question

Thailand West Hopper - 6th November ?

5 Aug 2013 Bluebear1111 asked

Bluebear1111

Hey guys!

Anyone traveling on the 6th to the 14th of November?

Celebrating my birthday on the 11th - I'm on my own and having the half excited/half nerves situation going on! Idea - to start smalll and travel on bigger adventures after this i guess !

• 10 Aug 2013 solo_traveller said

solo_traveller

Hi! I’ve just booked Thailand West Hopper on the 9th November – so maybe see you around there:)

• 12 Aug 2013 two_1701 said

two_1701

Hi, I’ve booked the Thailand West Hopper Tour as of 6th, too! :-) I’m pretty sure we gonna see each other! :-)

• 13 Aug 2013 Bluebear1111 said

Bluebear1111

Hey Ladies!!

Thats excellent! are you travelling already or was this spontaneous. For me it was for my birthday which will be on the 11th of November!
    Although I’m almost certain this is the date i want to leave i was looking at the 9th of november too!
    Are you all travelling by yourself. I will be on my own :)

• 13 Aug 2013 solo_traveller said

solo_traveller

I’ll be travelling by myself! Which date have you booked? It was a spontaneous decision for me :) I’ve always wanted to travel but was nervous about doing it on my own. I have holiday that I need to take from work so just decided to go for it!

Would be great to see either of you there, I’m hoping to make some new friends aswell as travel :)

• 13 Aug 2013 two_1701 said

two_1701

Hey there! :-) My travel dates are already final. My journey will start in Bangkok, where I will stay for three days. Then I fly to Phuket and will arrive there one day prior to the first group meeting on 6th November. I’m already excited about this adventure! :-) It’s not the first time I’m doing such a tour. It always has been great fun so far! :-) Is Thailand the only destination or are you travelling upon the tour end somewhere else?

• 14 Aug 2013 Alberto said

Alberto

Just booked the Thailand West Hopper tour as well! First time in Thailand so I’m really excited about it!
    My journey also starts in Bangkok a couple of days before meeting everyone in Phuket!
    Cant wait! ;)

• 16 Aug 2013 Bluebear1111 said

Bluebear1111

Hey, its great to know people who are already going! :)

I’ve booked mine for the 6th of october however I’m flying in the day before to Phuket (5th) and will start the tour but then I will do Bangkok for 2-3 days after just to wind down and then head back home!

This is my first time on Contiki and doing solo travel but I’m half excited and half scared. Ill start small and if i enjoy it I will endeavour to do other places like Europe!

You guys can give me tips on what to do in Bangkok for a head start!

• 28 Aug 2013 misstravelbug said

misstravelbug

Hi Bluebear! I’m thinking about doing this tour as well!! And then do the East hopper tour straight after. Are you going on the 6th of october or november? Would love to see you there :)

• 28 Aug 2013 Alberto said

Alberto

Hi Misstravelbug, I booked teh Nov 06 tour…hope to see you there ! :)

• 29 Aug 2013 Bluebear1111 said

Bluebear1111

i have booked and locked in the 6th november so should see you there Alberto.

Misstravelbug you should join the adventure ! not sure that the East Hopper is available in November but I’m travelling to Bangkok for a chill out and experience for 4 nights :)

• 29 Aug 2013 Matt said

Matt

I’m thinking about doing this trip October or November…they just told me that last day for Thai East Hopper is Sept. 21 because it’s monsoon season

• 1 Sep 2013 misstravelbug said

misstravelbug

Hey guys i’ve booked the tour for nov 6th! I’m so excited!! Haven’t organised flights yet but i’ll probably fly in a few days before the tour starts. I’ll be in phuket town :)

Sweeeet, i’ll see you there too alberto !

Hey Matt, if you are really keen on exploring the east islands you can definitely organize a few day tours yourself which would be a lot cheaper too.

I’ll be heading to bangkok after the tour — hey bluebear I might tag along if you don’t mind :)
    Anyone interested in going to chiang mai for some jungle trekking and tigers? Heard it’s more or less the ‘real’ thailand as opposed to phuket.

• 1 Sep 2013 two_1701 said

two_1701

Hey everybody,

Sorry for being absent recently, but I was on vacation and didn’t have access to my emails regularly.
    Obviously the group going on the Thailand West Hopper Tour is growing. That’s great! :-)
    I’ll arrive in Phuket one day prior to our first group meeting.

Looking forward to seeing you all there! :-)

Take care,
    Tanja

• 2 Sep 2013 Bluebear1111 said

Bluebear1111

yay things are starting to pick up for our tour hahah!

So i am flying in the night before and staying at the designated Contiki “night before” hotel so if anyone has signed up for that let me know and we can get to know each other before we meet the rest of the crew!

and after the tour I’m flying out that day to Bangkok for 4 nights just to explore a little further ! I thought of staying a bit longer but booked the flights using best price and to make sure i had put money so there was no backing out on this solo adventure haha! But maybe staying at Lub D I think the place is called – its for backpackers!

What is everyone else’s agenda. I feel like i should be booking so many other adventures when this one hasn’t even begun.

• 2 Sep 2013 Alberto said

Alberto

Hi everyone! Great to see that the tour is starting to get booked! Counting the days!!! ;)

• 21 Oct 2013 two_1701 said

two_1701

Hey everybody, I hope you are doing well and already prepared for our common adventure! ;-) Any hints I have to consider before my departure and in preparation for my trip? Looking forward to seeing you soon! Take care, Tanja

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion