Community_discussions_small  

Question

Winter Wanderer 2011-Advice and who is interested?

11 Jan 2010 Explorer1159415 asked

Default_avatar
Hi all,

I'm a 21-year-old Aussie female planning an extensive overseas trip, I really want to start it off with a contiki so I can find my feet a bit. At this point I am doing it alone and was wondering who else was considering doing the tour.

Also any information both positive and negative would be appreciated I could only find one quite negative travelogue so good impressions would be great.

One more question, which month is best out of January-March. I was thinking March because it might be a touch warmer?

Thanks heaps, I find this site so helpful.
  • 17 May 2010 QueenBee said

Default_avatar

What better way to spend your birthday!! I use to live in Sweden so I seen a little bit of Europe, it’s really beautiful! We can all spend Xmas day together at the royal national!!

• 17 May 2010 Matt said

Matt

yeah i have both skied and snowboarded, i went skiing when i was like 10 i think, and i went to perisher blue last year for a week and snowboarded, i absolutely loved it. its such a rush, but yeah you should go on the 26th, the more the merrier. and i reckon the royal national will be the place to be on christmas day

• 17 May 2010 QueenBee said

Default_avatar

Least then we will kinda know eachother a little Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Xmas drinks at the local pub!! Think there is a bar in the hotel actually!! Xmas roast dinner haha!! Score!

• 17 May 2010 Manda said

Default_avatar

hey georgie elizabeth, yes come on the 26th with us!!! it will be awesome :-) i’ll be at the royal national xmas too, we can all be merry together..

• 23 May 2010 lolly_bee said

lolly_bee

hai
    im 24 year old aussie girl from central coast nsw, im going on this trip on the 26th feb. i can’t wait! going by myself

• 24 May 2010 QueenBee said

Default_avatar

U should of come on the 26th of jan! Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->
    Its gona be the fun party tour!

• 30 May 2010 Tots said

Tots

Hi Im 20 turning 21 on tour. Ive booked my trip already, travelling solo on the 22 Jan 2011. Im so excited. It would be great to chat to those of you going on this tour so that I know someone when we start Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 6 Jul 2010 Chez said

Default_avatar

Hi I’m Chez, 19, from Perth Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I’m also going solo on the 22nd Jan. Can’t wait!

• 7 Jul 2010 ridin solo said

Default_avatar

hey everyone,

my names jes im 20 and ill be travelling around this time on the winter wanderer stil trying to decide a definate date jus tryin 2 sus out the agesof every1.

Ill b travelling solo tooSmiler<!--graemlin::)--> x

• 8 Jul 2010 QueenBee said

Default_avatar

26th for sure!! New years in Barca!! Xx

• 11 Jul 2010 Taz3456 said

Taz3456

Hi, I’m Taryn from the Central Coast in NSW

I was thinking of doing the Feb 26 or March 5 tour.

I’m 23 and i’ll be travelling solo.

Anyone else thinking of these dates?

T

• 26 Jul 2010 lolly_bee said

lolly_bee

Hi Taryn i’m Lauren, also from the central coast, 24, travelling solo on the winter wanderer same dates that you have posted. I’m all booked in and can’t wait!

Loz

• 27 Jul 2010 Courtney said

Default_avatar

Hi Taryn! Im Courtney. Consider doig the tour starting on 1st March. We now have a definate departure date. So excited cannot wait! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 13 Aug 2010 laura_b said

Default_avatar

Hi all.
    me and 2 mates have just booked the winter wanderer for 26th feb 2011 Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    we are from victoria, aust. we are 25. cant wait!! only 6months togo!

• 13 Aug 2010 Explorer1162802 said

Explorer1162802

hi guys, im 28 from sydney and im probably doing Feb 5th or 12th. im joining in Paris though as i want to do a few days there first cause 2 nights only wasnt long enough 4 me. im going solo but looking to make friends of course! Anyone else doing these dates?

• 13 Aug 2010 Bee1990 said

Bee1990

Hey im doing the jan 22 trip on my own . Very nervous! Im 20 and from. Melbourne. Anyone else on that date??

• 3 Sep 2010 Karina88 said

Karina88

I’m thinking of doing this tour on the 19th March 2011. Its so far away, but i need the time to save $$.
    I’m 22 from NSW, Australia.
    Anyone else planning on going this date?
    I’m also waiting for more dates to be released as i’m hoping to do Scotland/Ireland 13 day tour after the Winter Wanderer.
    I’ll be travelling solo and i cant wait! HURRY UP MARCH!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 9 Sep 2010 laurenash said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Karina88:
    I’m thinking of doing this tour on the 19th March 2011. Its so far away, but i need the time to save $$.
    I’m also waiting for more dates to be released as i’m hoping to do Scotland/Ireland 13 day tour after the Winter Wanderer.
    I’ll be travelling solo and i cant wait! HURRY UP MARCH!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

Yup, planning to do the winter wanderer on the 19th of march 2011 as well, already booked. So excited.

BTW I’m 18, from W.A, and going solo.

• 11 Sep 2010 Karina88 said

Karina88
    quote:
    Originally posted by laurenash:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Karina88:

Yup, planning to do the winter wanderer on the 19th of march 2011 as well, already booked. So excited.

BTW I’m 18, from W.A, and going solo.

im so torn between doing the winter wanderer and the european vista..ahhh!!

• 12 Sep 2010 Explorer1207644 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys,

Anyone going on the 9th of January tour? Would love to meet some people who are going!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion