Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Rome to Athens 2009

24 Nov 2008 Explorer1117949 said

Default_avatar
Hi
Is anyone looking at doing this tour in 2009? Also, any feedback from people that have undertaken this tour before? Are the accomodations ok, tour guides, etc?
Thanks
  • 2 Jan 2009 Kristie :) said

Default_avatar

heyy.

yeah me and a friend are doing this in july with the 3 day greek island cruising as well. I would be interested in any comments from people having done this tour or are planning on leaving on the 8th of july one!!!

• 5 Feb 2009 T.K. said

T.K.

heya. I did the London to Athens tour last year, so went through rome to get to athens. Rome is beautiful. There is a long drive thru Napoli/ Pompei from Rome to get to Brindisi to catch the ferry to the Greek mainland. The ferry is good, but full of old people, mainly good for just sleeping. The attendent wakes you up early, like before 6am and you better get up or else you’ll miss getting off – we almost did!
    Athens is awesome, clean and easy to get around. we stayed in this hotel starting with a ‘B’ – finally TV!! very nice rooms and such. More just go for the experience, BUT the guides will ask you to tip them at the end!
    Hope this helps, sorry for rambling i miss it too much

• 2 Mar 2009 ptooma said

Default_avatar

This is for reviews only. The Meeting Place is for chatting w/ future tourmates.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.