Community_discussions_small  

Comment

washing clothes: powder or liquid

7 Apr 2010 kristy said

kristy
hey all, im going to europe for a 45 day tour and i know theres not many times you get to wash your clothes, but when you do whats the best opption?
Washing powder or liquid concerntrate.
When you go to the laundry place do you have to bring your own powder?
Or would liquid do the trick. This way i can do washing in a sink if need be in my hotel room.
What did everyone take, or did you not take any at all? how did you find it.
  • 7 Apr 2010 socalgal said

Default_avatar

I used powder. I was able to find soap that was in individual packets at REI. It worked out since I didn’t have to worry about liquid leaking or any of the powder spilling if I didnt use it all. Take advantage of the places that will do the washing for you for a small price (make sure to get there early)

• 7 Apr 2010 scandi_gal said

Default_avatar

i’m going to take some paper laundry soap like this:

http://www.gogogear.com.au/shopexd.asp?id=3790

it comes in a really small packet to carry around, and you don’t have to worry about it spilling or leaking anywhere. it can be used for hand washing or in a machine

• 7 Apr 2010 *Jenna * said

Default_avatar

I’m taking liquid fabric wash.. I just think it will be easier & more convenient!

• 8 Apr 2010 Lucas said

Default_avatar

You can get a liquid detergent specifically for camping from places like Kathmandu and other camping stores.

They come in a small, secure bottle and you only need about 5ml per 10L wash. It’s about $8 for a bottle and one or maybe 2 would last you for that amount of time. It’s a bit more expensive than a $2 wool wash from Coles but it’s a lot smaller and less likely to leak everywhere.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.