washing clothes: powder or liquid

7 Apr 2010 kristy said

hey all, im going to europe for a 45 day tour and i know theres not many times you get to wash your clothes, but when you do whats the best opption?<BR>Washing powder or liquid concerntrate.<BR>When you go to the laundry place do you have to bring your own powder?<BR>Or would liquid do the trick. This way i can do washing in a sink if need be in my hotel room.<BR>What did everyone take, or did you not take any at all? how did you find it.
  • 7 Apr 2010 socalgal said

I used powder. I was able to find soap that was in individual packets at REI. It worked out since I didn’t have to worry about liquid leaking or any of the powder spilling if I didnt use it all. Take advantage of the places that will do the washing for you for a small price (make sure to get there early)

• 7 Apr 2010 scandi_gal said

i’m going to take some paper laundry soap like this:

it comes in a really small packet to carry around, and you don’t have to worry about it spilling or leaking anywhere. it can be used for hand washing or in a machine

• 7 Apr 2010 *Jenna * said

I’m taking liquid fabric wash.. I just think it will be easier & more convenient!

• 8 Apr 2010 Lucas said

You can get a liquid detergent specifically for camping from places like Kathmandu and other camping stores.

They come in a small, secure bottle and you only need about 5ml per 10L wash. It’s about $8 for a bottle and one or maybe 2 would last you for that amount of time. It’s a bit more expensive than a $2 wool wash from Coles but it’s a lot smaller and less likely to leak everywhere.

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.