Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Short shorts

17 Jun 2008 Explorer1095349 said

Default_avatar
Ok this is a little silly but as a girl who is 5'11 with long legs, everything is shorter on me, inclding shorts.

Coming from sunny QLD in Australia our shorts are pretty short and hence on me shorter still. will it be considered inappropriate to wear short shorts in europe? i'm not talking about cheeks showing or anything but i noticed in photos most wore three quarters which i get too hot in. i am very comfy in my shorts but attract a little more attention due to my height.

am i being paranoid or should i keep searching? (hard as it is!)

i know in places like the vatican i need to wear respectable clothes but day to day wise is this ok?
  • 17 Jun 2008 Steve85 said

Steve85

Hey – we had a lots of girls wear short shorts, they were fine but just keep in mind some days you do require church dress and you have to cover up a bit more. Your TM will tell you when these days are but mostly it was fine, especially at the chateau and around the coastal stops.

• 17 Jun 2008 Cyphus said

Default_avatar

no question is silly! it’s only silly if you don’t ask em Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

Anywhooo— yep, tanktops/short shorts will be okay, except for when you’re going to certain places (e.g. churches). For those days, I recommend bringing a cardigan, or light shawl to cover up the shoulders, and perhaps a sarong/long skirt to cover the knees =)

also… it depends on which country you’re in. Places like Egypt (etc etc etc) would want woment to be covered up!

• 17 Jun 2008 JessiB said

Default_avatar

well if it’s any consolation, i’m a 5’2 girl and i’m bring not one, nor two but 3 whole pairs of short shorts!! haha

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion