Community_discussions_small  

Comment

party/drinking

11 Feb 2008 Suzanne said

Default_avatar
Hi,

im hoping to do some tours in america next year. from reading a lot of posts i get the impression that a lot of people go on the tours to go out partyin and drinking all the time. im not a huge party/drinking person, i do like the odd night out but not every night (getting too old lol) so i was wondering if you're not up for that every night will u get left by yourself or do there tend to be other people who dont like to get drunk every night and would prefer other things? i dont wanna be left out or a loser lol!
thanks,
suzanne
  • 11 Feb 2008 brcpar said

Default_avatar

On my Contiki to Australia, there were people who didn’t go out and drink at all. There were also people who were out every single night. There are nights when pretty much everyone goes out so I would recommend going out on those nights, but there is not any pressure to drink. Also, you can go out and just not stay out until the places close.

• 11 Feb 2008 MJ said

Default_avatar

Some tours are partie tours but you don’t have to do what you don’t want to do. I don’t party much and went out one or two nights it gets old and pricy. I have a better time with a bottle some friends and a few chairs around the pool. If they think you are a looser for not drinking and being stupid think again. I think its great that you have some pride on not drinking/partying. The one thing in life I have learned is who cares what others think of you as long as you have fun, are responsible and have a great sence of humor its all good.

• 12 Feb 2008 Suzanne said

Default_avatar

Hi,
    thanks for your replies.
    im thinking of doing the eastern discovery, big apple axplorer and the best of usa. i would like to do a few tours in america but would like to start with these ones. i do like going out and drinking but im getting too old and the hangovers kill me! i cant do it everynight! i would just hate to spend all that money that i have saved for the tour then get there and spend all my time with a hangover in bed and not see the sights and stuff! glad to know not everyone is up for constant drinking!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.