Community_discussions_small  

Comment

How much money to take for Europe 45 Day Concept +EGYPT

12 Jan 2010 Explorer1164782 said

Default_avatar
Hi Guys, I am going on my first Contiki tour in August with my partner. I am 20yrs old. I am not sure how much we should budget. We want to make sure we have plenty of money to buy souveniors, do all the extra activites, plenty of money for alcohol and food.
How much does a alcoholic drink and food cost? Like a night out?
How much would you advise to take for 2 people.
Thanks heaps
  • 13 Jan 2010 Lisa said

Default_avatar

Hi

I’m doing this tour in August also. What date do you depart on ?
    From what I have read if you budget 100 euro per day per person it should pretty much cover everything and if you can afford more all the better.

• 13 Jan 2010 Explorer1164782 said

Default_avatar

Hi Lisa,

I am departing on the 29th, havent yet booked it but will be booking when we get back from bali in march. What date are u departing?
    Also do you think the 100 euro a day is just for food n drink?

• 14 Jan 2010 Lisa said

Default_avatar

Hi

I’m departing on the 13th.
    I think the 100 euro would be for everything as some days are spent traveling on the bus so you really wouldn’t spend much at all.
    Worse case you go with more money and if you come home with anything that’s a bonus !!!

• 17 Jan 2010 Casey said

Default_avatar

I’m departing on this tour on Aug 22…

Have no idea yet what sort of money to budget per day?

What sort of cost are you looking at for the “optional extras”?

• 17 Jan 2010 Liz said

Liz

I did this tour last year and took enough money for 100 Euros a day ON TOP of all the money for optionals. I didn’t use it all but I’m sure glad I had it. And the people who partied most nights spent a lot more than me – I partied every few nights.

• 21 Feb 2010 B3cky said

Default_avatar

Hi All,

I am also doing the Ultimate European + Egypt. This will be my fist contiki trip and i am going solo. Does anyone know when or where we can find out what opitional activities there are and how muc they cost before hand because i would really like to know what to budget??

• 21 Feb 2010 Ezza said

Default_avatar

The optional activites costing is on the main site when you go into the tour you pick, i thought it was pretty straight forward to find!

Select in the middle where the blue tabs are – Optional Activites

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.