Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Grand Southern 22 December 2011 (LA to NY)

24 Dec 2010 Perth Traveller said

Perth Traveller
Is anyone elase looking to to do this tour in December 2011
  • 27 Dec 2010 katodadon said

katodadon

Hey yes I’m looking at doing this one, leaving dec 8th, with the la explorer beforehand and the ny explorer afterwards

• 27 Dec 2010 BreeAshley said

BreeAshley

Me and friend have this tour booked departing Dec 22nd 2011, we are also doing the LA and NY Explorers before and after…

• 31 Dec 2010 sophie_sop said

Default_avatar

I’ve booked this tour but I’m departing Nov 24th and finishing in NY on Dec 19th.

• 31 Dec 2010 Perth Traveller said

Perth Traveller

Well i’m looking at booking for the one departing on 22 December but I might do the 8 December instead (I can’t decide). I also want to do both the LA Explorer and the New York Explorer.

• 3 Jan 2011 BreeAshley said

BreeAshley

Well we are all booked and paid for, we even got a discount on the full price because we paid so early…

• 3 Jan 2011 BreeAshley said

BreeAshley

Where abouts will you be travelling from?

quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer1162885:
    Well i’m looking at booking for the one departing on 22 December but I might do the 8 December instead (I can’t decide). I also want to do both the LA Explorer and the New York Explorer.

• 8 Jan 2011 Perth Traveller said

Perth Traveller

I am still saving up for this trip (I have just paid for a contiki trip in Europe for April) but i’m hopeing to pay in time the 6 month discount.

I am travelling from Perth, Australia

• 7 Feb 2011 Perth Traveller said

Perth Traveller

I have just put a deposit on for the 22nd December 2011

• 8 Feb 2011 BreeAshley said

BreeAshley

Awesome!!! Are you doing the LA Explorer beforehand?
    Feel free to add me on facebook if you want to have a chat
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1270904190&sk=info

• 18 Feb 2011 Perth Traveller said

Perth Traveller

I just missed out on a place on the LA Explorer but I have booked for the NY Explorer. Instead I have booked some time in LA and will explore by myself

• 20 Feb 2011 Brad said

Brad

I did the Grand Southern from NY to LA in December 2009 and had a fantastic time. Decided to do the same tour in December this year but from LA to NY instead and am thinking of doing the NY exlporer afterwards. Hoping to book soon

• 21 Feb 2011 BreeAshley said

BreeAshley

That’s sucks that you missed out, although there’s no doubt you’ll still have loads of fun exploring LA on your own…

• 27 Feb 2011 Perth Traveller said

Perth Traveller

Yeah I can’t believe the dates filled up so fast! I’m sure I will have a blast in LA

• 19 Apr 2011 Carlzz said

Default_avatar

Hey! i just booked a place on this tour too. I’m not sure about doing the NY Explorer after, i was thinking about going it alone. Any advice there?

• 19 Apr 2011 Brad said

Brad

Hey Carlzz, New York has excellent public transport and all the attractions are easy to get to. You could explore New York by yourself and see everything. Doing the hop on/hop off bus tour is a great way to start. You can buy a 48 hour ticket and explore at your own pace.

Default_avatar

I figure it would be pretty good. It’ll be my first time overseas (except to New Zealand – but that’s still close to Aus) and i’d be lying if i said i wasn’t nervous! but still SO excited at the same time. I’m planning about 5 or so days there, will that be enough do you think?
    I’ll be travelling solo too so i’m keen to make some friends before I go!

• 19 Apr 2011 Brad said

Brad

Yeah 5 days is a great start. I am also travelling solo and this will be my third contiki tour. You will have a great time. I have done this tour before but from NY to LA. Brad

Default_avatar

i’m sure i will! So you’re going on this one then? Where abouts are you from? the one thing i’m a bit concerned about is it will be a bit rushed, it’s not like that is it?

• 19 Apr 2011 Brad said

Brad

Hey I am from Victoria. The tour seems rushed but there is plenty of time to see the attractions and have a good time. Some of the one night stays are short and there are only a couple of days where we are on the bus all day, but it is a great time to relax and prepare for the next stop. You can add me on facebook if you like http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000595205310

• 19 Apr 2011 Marchy said

Marchy

hey everyone.

i am looking at jumping on half way from new orleans doing the eastern discovery.
    i did the best of usa contiki in jan had heaps of fun i havn’t booked yet i want to go to honalulu before and nashville then niagara falls after so have bit more planning before go book it all.

my name is Adam & girlfriend is donna we are from perth i am a mechanic and she is a school teacher.
    in our last contiki there were like 12 teachers becuase of school holidays
    take it easy

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion