Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Escapade or Vista May 2008 - Solo traveller

13 Nov 2007 Sara said

Sara
Hi,
Im trying to decide between concept escapade, and timeout vista in May 08.
Not worried bout price and happy with locations of both but was wondering whether time out is more couples and older ppl
Im 22 travelling by myself for the first time - any suggestions are welcome - and would be great to meet chat with anyone going on those trips.
Thanks,
Sara
  • 14 Nov 2007 kelleymuka said

Default_avatar

Hey Sara,
    Definitely pick a tour based on the places you want to see the most. I went on my first Contiki tour last May – I was 23 at that point. I traveled by myself and instantly made friends when I got there. Almost everyone is there to have fun and meet new people.

There were some couples but even they liked to branch out and chill with some others. I would say by the halfway point of the tour you will know everyone on the bus and you can hang out with just about anyone.

I haven’t heard too much about Time Out but I would DEFINITELY recommend Contiki. You will have the time of your life.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask!

Kelley

• 14 Nov 2007 ashleightara said

ashleightara

Kelly – Timeout tours are Superior tours if you are from the US.

Sara – I think you will have no problems on either tour.

Often those on a concept tour have a younger average age and more prominent party habits, but its impossible to predict a tour group makeup.

I would make the choice based on the stops.
    Escapade has more, but doesn’t go to Prague…Vista does.
    Escapade spends more time in France and visits Barcelona…Vista doesn’t.

It really has to be a personal choice Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.