Community_discussions_small  

Question

Ladies - what to wear daytime on europe superior tour?

22 Jun 2007 kristine17 asked

Default_avatar
Hi Ladies,

So I've never been to Europe, and my European Magic tour leaves in two days. I heard if I wear shorts that I'll look "too touristy". Should I plan on wearing skirts & capris (my preference anyhow) with flip flops? Help! Smiler

Kristine
  • 22 Jun 2007 aroundthe said

Default_avatar

Hey, When I went, I wore shorts (not like short shorts, but mid thigh and knee length) and capri and didn’t experince any werid looks. Kept getting mistaken for a aussie though. Keep in mind though that if you go in to churchs you wont be alowed in if your pants aren’t an acceptable length.

• 22 Jun 2007 Sarah Plummer said

Default_avatar

mistaken for an aussie? lucky girl!

• 22 Jun 2007 aroundthe said

Default_avatar

Well if I had to be mistaken for another nationality I’m glad it was an Aussie. You think ending every other sentence with Eh? Would have gave it away. But every new person I met asked me “Are you Austriallian?” One German guy guest every where but Canada. Did I mention I have no accent?

• 22 Jun 2007 Sarah Plummer said

Default_avatar

i think the amount of times i say “mate” and “no worries” gives me away. i’m such an occa! lol.

• 23 Jun 2007 lodz_au said

Default_avatar

I’m thinking of doing a contiki tour in August and depending on the weather, if its warm enough, I would wear black capris, denim 3/4 and 7/8 pants and those sorts of things. When its colder, probably jeans.

• 23 Jun 2007 kristine17 said

Default_avatar

Thanks lod_au, that was helpful! I don’t want to stick out too much. I’m the type of girl that’s as comfortable wearing a dress and sweats, so I’m going to have a tough time packing Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 24 Jun 2007 Sarah Smiles said

Default_avatar

Search the web for some fellow Contikier’s packing lists – that might be helpful to you.
    Here’s mine:
    http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&…38-96df-2481ba40dcd8
    Happy Travels!
    Sarah

• 24 Jun 2007 cdm115 said

cdm115

I would say a mix of shorts and carpis and a pair of long pants for the night. When you’re in a group of 50 people you’ll look like a tourist whether you’re wearing shorts or capris.

• 3 Jul 2007 jackieNY81 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by mattyvcontiki:
    I’m not a lady but it’s hot hot hot particularly in places like Italy at the moment and i’d take comfort over style…..definatly flip flops

heh, well I’m a girl and for me it isn’t about comfort…it’s about looking good and pikcing up hot European men. Ooohhh la la! Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 4 Jul 2007 Jen-Jen said

Default_avatar

I’m going to the European Encounter tour during the last half of August… so would it still be fairly warm there? warm enough to wear shorts and skirts?

J

• 4 Jul 2007 MJ said

Default_avatar

I’m not a shorts person but I do like the shorts that look like skirts. And capris. Also if you have a pair of travel pants that zip off at the knees those are great for travel. You may get stared at if you wear shorts especially if they are really short Europeans consider shorts beach wear only. Go figure.

• 5 Jul 2007 Chaz_06 said

Default_avatar

I’m going on the ROad to Athens tour in August… i plan on taking, shorts, skirts and dresses mainly… also will take pair of jeans and pants just in case its cold… especially in London…

But i’m gonna buy heaps when i’m ove there so i’m packing lightly…

Sarah – great packing guide – will come in handy!!!

• 6 Jul 2007 Lindsay M said

Default_avatar

I’m planning on comfortable skirts. They tend to be more comfortable than shorts anyways for me.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion