Community_discussions_small  

Comment

I'm stressing. someone help me out with a luggage problem

16 May 2009 Abbey said

Abbey
so, I'm a horrible packer, and yes I've left it to the last minute,
but I've just noticed, in the european discovery itinerary, it says:

" due to luggage limitations we will not take any oversized suitcases. Maximum suitcase size is 73cm x 50cm x 25 cm (29 x 20 x 10) and weight of 20kg, plus one day/hand bag"

I've just measured my suitcase and it weighs 73cm x 50cm x 30cm, so its 5cm bigger than their limmit.
will it be allowed?

also,
it says we are allowed one day bag/hand bag.
does this mean, I can take a suitcase, and a small bag, as well as my normal day to day handbag, that id have on the bus with me? and that id carry my phone, wallet, camera in, ect.

thanks so much to anyone that can help me.
  • 16 May 2009 Jeremy said

Jeremy

Your suitcase size would be fine. They don’t measure the dimensions, just the weight. Your airline would be more picky.

They shouldn’t care about your bags that come on the bus, as long as they are small. It says only one, but if the other is small enough sized I can’t see them getting upset.

• 16 May 2009 Abbey said

Abbey

Ohh thankyou so so much.
    Yeah, I’ve got an overnight bag that i was thinking about taking as my carry on luggage(and having with me on the bus) as well as a small handbag,
    just as I’d carry a handbag around at home.

youve made me stress less haha Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 18 May 2009 CRChiasson said

Default_avatar

Hi all…I’m leaving in a week for the 18 day Euro Impressions and am trying to decide between a suitcase (not hardshelled, but pretty sturdy) and a sort of duffel bag on wheels. My dilemma is the ease of carrying the duffel bag (it’s got over the shoulder straps and handles) vs the sturdiness of the suitcase in protecting and organizing things.

Any thoughts from the Contiki veterans out there?

• 22 May 2009 Kristin said

Kristin

Don’t worry Abbey, I had the same issue – 73cm x 50cm x 28cm!! I was also stressing big time. but now my fears have been put to rest!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 1 Jun 2009 Alexi85 said

Alexi85

hey guys my suitcase is also 73×50×30!! i was freaking out about it until i read this forum so cheers : )

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion