Community_discussions_small  

Question

Meeting night before the tour starts?!!?

27 Mar 2010 Explorer1135263 asked

Default_avatar
Hi, just wondering about the meeting the night before the tour starts, im flying into london the night before the tour starts at 8pm, so probably wont get to the royal national till abut 11pm, is it bad if i miss this meeting??? and am i been to risky flying in the night before my tour starts????
  • 29 Mar 2010 Explorer1132402 said

Default_avatar

Hi, im concerned about this pre-meeting. the intinary for european horizons doesnt state that there even is one! ive looked at the frequently asked questions link and they are all posts from 2 years ago. how do i find out when and where my meeting is, and what happens if i cant attend?

• 29 Mar 2010 Jen_au said

Jen_au

When I did NZ Contiki I didn’t go to pre tour meeting and it wasn’t a big deal. So long as we were there on time for the start of the tour the next morning it was ok!!

• 29 Mar 2010 Explorer1132402 said

Default_avatar

Thanks for that, i really wish that I had come across this before I booked my trip! because now i have booked one leaving Saturday and i wont be in London until probably at least 8pm the night before the trip so i will miss the meeting! Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> would have liked the chance to meet people before the day.

• 5 Apr 2010 joe_bloggs said

joe_bloggs

It’s not a big deal Explorer1132402. I found (from previous experience) that most people don’t bother turning up to these pretour meetings anyway.

I have done two contikis. The first one, I didn’t go and for the second one about 20 out of 50 people turned up.

I would be a bit concerned about your 8pm arrival into London though especially if you are coming from Australia. You are arriving less than 12 hours from your tour departure. Just this week, three Qantas flights have been cancelled / postponed due to tech issues. If something happens on the ground in Australia, you are virtually stuffed. 12 hours isn’t a long time at all.

Just to tell you my experience, I was due to arrive in London at 12pm and had my contiki starting the next day. There were issues in Dubai and I didn’t end up arriving in London until about 9pm.

It is up to you if you want to take the risk or not. Stats will tell you that you will probably get in to London without incident but I don’t know if I would personally take the risk following my experience. If I were you, I would try to push my flight forward to at least the morning.

Good luck

• 5 Apr 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

Just make sure you know what time to meet at the RN for your tour to actually start, otherwise you might miss the bus.

• 6 Apr 2010 Explorer1132402 said

Default_avatar

Hey its fine, all sorted ive got the friday off work now. Im from just outside london so arriving at 8pm would have been a guarenteed arrival time but i will be able to attend the pre-meeting now. Thanks everyone for your help

• 29 Jul 2011 Explorer1084121 said

Default_avatar

About to ask the same question.I am from Adelaide and the cheapest flights on the way over are the nonstops into Auckland arriving 6:15pm meaning allowing time to clear immigration and customs before getting into town it will be almost 8pm by the time i get it is there anyway other than doing a pretour registration online before I go that I can work around that.I am actually going there next July by the way and coming from Insight doing a group tour around the UK They from memory didn’t really have a pretour meeting but more of a welcome drink and introductions on the first night.Any help would be most welcome

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion