Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Spray tanning or Tanning Booths

22 May 2008 Ruby said

Ruby
Ok I know this is a little vein but I am so white and am travelling Europe for 21 days and was wondering if spray tanning facilities are available as a one off quick preperation... especially before I hit Cofu to bath in the sun........I appreciate that guys will laugh at this question LOL
  • 23 May 2008 PinaI said

PinaI

I just did a quick search on yellowpages.co.uk and there are HEAPS of salons in London for tanning. If this link works they should be listed here: http://www.yell.com/ucs/UcsSearchAction.do?scrambleSeed…=&lCOption32=Tanning

• 23 May 2008 chantelle said

chantelle

i was totally thinking the same thing!!!!! im totally preping myself i go in September.

• 23 May 2008 Ruby said

Ruby

Thanks Matty but you didn’t mention about spray tanning… LOL

So will you be a part of my Contrasts trip in July or are you just kind enough to comment??

Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 23 May 2008 MeganSD said

MeganSD

Ha ha good on ya for being brave enough to ask that one! Its not vain I totally understand, being that I’m so pale I get mistaken for a snowman on the beach, whist everyone else is a golden honey colour (its these golden honey people that may laugh). Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> Luckily I’m doing my tour in winter so I can just spend my cash on souveniers and I’m just going to stick to those gradual tan moisturisers. If I do go swimming at some point everyone else can just wear some sunnies to stop the pale skin glare.

• 24 May 2008 Liz said

Liz

Ha ha ha, ohhhh from one pasty white girl to another..you made my day!! I’m not alone! Being a pale Aussie girl can be oh-so hard.
    Just make sure you don’t get too dark a spray tan cos then it just looks wrong on people like us! Good luck.

• 24 May 2008 chantelle said

chantelle

id love to go in the sun and get a tan…accept for the fact that im a albino (not literal)!!!!! haha im getting a spray tan before i go and then doing it myself for the rest i guess. has any1 got any good brands advice?

• 24 May 2008 Sarah Smiles said

Default_avatar

Beware! If you go to a tanning salon in Europe, they are about 10x stronger than the ones in the US (not sure about Australia) so don’t go in for too long or you will get burnt to a crisp! Red Face<!--graemlin::o-->
    I use self tanning lotion. I use one from Clinique. It is a little pricey but it works very well for me! Plus, you could do it yourself before you leave and bring it with you so you could re-apply as needed. And, while going to a tanning salon in Europe would be an experience, I think there are far more exciting things to see and do during your limited time in each city Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 24 May 2008 MeganSD said

MeganSD

I’m a big fan of the Loreal one- but I have to use the one for dark skin (I swear my skin is against tanning, I need the strongest fake stuff!) Best natural colour and no streaks. Damn straight Sarah that theres more exciting things to do than get spray tans in Europe- But I can definately relate to wanting to be nice and golden for summer tours. I blend into the sand when I go to the beaches in sydney and its not fun Confused<!--graemlin::confused:--> at least us porcelain girls will still have nice, wrinkle and cancer free skin when we’re older…..if its any consolation. Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 25 May 2008 chantelle said

chantelle

god bless the porcelain. i would get a spray tan id just do a home job whilst im in a hotel one night. or maybe in the morning b4 the bus trips so its not alot of movement or sweating (hopefully)

• 25 May 2008 Lauren da explorer said

Default_avatar

Yay I’m not the only one thinking about this!!!! Haha. Is there any brands that people would recommend that aren’t an overnight job?

• 26 May 2008 MeganSD said

MeganSD
    quote:
    Originally posted by Lauren da explorer:
    Yay I’m not the only one thinking about this!!!! Haha. Is there any brands that people would recommend that aren’t an overnight job?

I wish I had found one! If I need quick colour on my legs I just buy some bare tint stockings. Too easy.

• 26 May 2008 MJ said

Default_avatar

I just recently purchased the Foux Tan by Bare Minerals on QVC last month. I use their products normally thought I’d try this and it works great. Only lasts about 3-4 days but it looks like a real tan. And dries really quick. Its pricy but you get a lot and I have really pale skin and doens’t look yellow or anything. Its a great alternative and is all natural products.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.