Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Flights question

1 Dec 2009 mercurius said

Default_avatar
Has anyone booked different flights? Is this possible? If so, what's the procedure with luggage check-in and immigration?
I'm doing the Croatia Cruise, but I'm searching for flights, and it seems cheaper to book from one city, arrive there, and book to my final destination (which is Split).
  • 1 Dec 2009 lizzie said

lizzie

hi
    im doing a tour london to london but sm leaving it in amsterdam to spend more time in the netherlands and my flights cost the same as they would if it was sydney to London return. When i looked up on the net for sydney to london and them amsterdam to sydney flights came up heaps more like u have said. So i went to a travel agent and ended up being about 20 more than sydney to london return.
    So my advice in this instance is to go through a travel agent and get a quote from them.

• 12 Dec 2009 TashD said

TashD

Hey Spinel – that is definity ok to do…. You just buy 2 x Oneway Tickets…. just make sure both airlines have the same baggage limit etc otherwise you may have to pay for excess baggage, which will make it more expensive!

• 14 Dec 2009 Jared said

Default_avatar

Hey
    If your booking two flights to make it cheaper if your first flight takes you to a different country your going to have to collect your luggage go through customs and immigration then check your luggage back on the next flight you are catching. That can be a bit of a hassle and if one plane is late you might miss the next one.

Best bet get some advice from a travel agent if your unsure.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.