Community_discussions_small  

Comment

EURO CONTRASTS - 18TH AUG 2007

13 Jan 2007 Allybaby123 said

Default_avatar
Hi All Smiler,

I am a 25 year old female from Sydney in Australia. I have booked the contrast tour for the 18 August 2007, and will be travelling solo. Just wondering who else will be doing the same tour? Perhaps we can all meet up before hand.

After the tour finishes i am also considering staying in London for an additional week just to travel around before heading back home to Sydney.

Fellow travellers i would loovvee to hear from you... Big Grin Big Grin

It should be fun Wink

cheers Big Grin

Alice
  • 18 Jan 2007 Allybaby123 said

Default_avatar

Hi Kathryn & Bec,

Thanks for replying!! I will be arriving in London early morning on 17th August. I will be staying at the Royal for that night. Definitely keen to catch up for a drink pre tour! hopefully by then, a few more fellow travellers will be able to join us Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Don’t worry, although you are from the Alice, i will still be nice to you Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

chat to you soon!

Cheers

Alice

• 31 Jan 2007 JOJO1983 said

Default_avatar

Hey Kathryn & alice

I’m Jo and am 23 from Adelaide. I havent booked yet, but probably going to book this trip soon. Was going to do European Escapade but think this one may be better!! Im travelling solo as well so would love to catch up with people in London first. So the Royal is it?? Glad i found that out first. Is that the most neutral hotel? Hope to hear from you guys soon. Jo

• 31 Jan 2007 Kathryn83 said

Default_avatar

Hi Jo,

Great to hear that your thinking of doing this tour.

Yeah we are going to book at the Royal, this is where the orientation (night before tour) is held and also where the tour departs.

Are you just doing the tour or are you staying in London afterwards.

Bec and I are going to be working in London for 3-6 months and then do some more travelling.

If you have anymore question, don’t hesitate to ask. Hope to hear back from you soon.

Kathryn

PS – Hi to Alice as well Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 31 Jan 2007 miggz said

Default_avatar

heyyy guysss im adrian 21 yr old male from melbourne booked n ready to fly for the tour aug 18th. i land in london 5:45 am on the 17th staying at the royal national hotel so maybe we could all meet up for a drink or two before we kick off the tour!!!

• 1 Feb 2007 JOJO1983 said

Default_avatar

Hey Kathryn and Adrian

Yeh i’m planning on staying in London for a bit as well after the tour. Prob for a few months as well! I also wouldnt mind doing a tour of Ireland/Scotland (That’s if I havent run out of money by then…) Do you guys know anyone else in London, as in people who live there? I have a friend i wanna catch up with but prob wont be staying with her.

Speak soon..
    Jo

• 1 Feb 2007 Kathryn83 said

Default_avatar

Hi Jo, Adrian & Alice. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Adrian, glad to hear you’ve joined the tour. We’ll all definately have to catch up for a drink before hand. Sounds like we’ll all be staying in the same place which makes it easy. Are you travelling alone?

Jo, Bec and I are planning to work in London do some travelling through Spain and then work in Edinburgh.

We have a friend in London we’ll definately catch up with. We also have a friend in Scotland, who is going to show us around.

Are getting a working visa?

Kathryn Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 1 Feb 2007 Allybaby123 said

Default_avatar

Hey Kathryn, Jo & Adrian, Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

Good to hear from you all!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

From memory, according to my Contiki book, our pre tour meeting will take place the day before (17th Aug) at 7pm at the Royal Hotel. So perhaps we can all have a drink afterwards or beforehand. It would be nice to get to know everyone!! especially since we are all from different parts of the country. Cool<!--graemlin::cool:-->

I read Adrians message, and i am also arriving in London at around 5am on the 17th Aug. maybe we are booked in on the same flight??

I will be staying in London for a week or so with a friend, do you guys have any solid plans to travel around after the tour?

Talk to you guys soon!

Cheers

Alice Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 2 Feb 2007 miggz said

Default_avatar

hey guys ill be staying only 4 days after the tour in london to check out a couple of clubs up there. cant wait till we all meet up for the pre drimnks should be great.
    Kathryn to answer ur question ill bve travilling with a freind. ill get her to come on to hear to meet u guys too some time next week. ey if ne of u guys have msn let me know maybe we can catch up n talk better on there before we all arive in london well let us know hear from u guys soon

• 3 Feb 2007 Kathryn83 said

Default_avatar

Hi guys,

My Email address is kittykat_1983@hotmail.com

Feel free to drop me an email anytime.

K Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 3 Feb 2007 miggz said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    kittykat_1983@hotmail.com

sup all!!!!

umm email or msg me on msn when eva u want ppl my addy is miggz_85@hotmail.com

tell u what these next few months better go quick lol cause im dying to get over thewre n party !!!!

ciao ciao for now peeps

• 3 Feb 2007 Allybaby123 said

Default_avatar

Hey Y’all

My email is shortyally@hotmail.com

I have added Kath and Adrian to my MSN, so hope to chat to guys soon!

Cheers Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 4 Feb 2007 JOJO1983 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    kittykat_1983@hotmail.com

Hey guys

My email is joannaagar@hotmail.com

I agree! Hope the next few months goes quick. just cant wait to quit work and go!!

Im organising a UK Passport at the moment (My dad is from there) so thats good.

Anyone planning on working over there?

Jo

• 7 Feb 2007 miggz said

Default_avatar

hey guys
    hope everyone is doin well??

Your Countdown Time is 0 years, 6 months and 10 days.

Your Countdown is also exactly 191 days.

Your Countdown is also approximately 4,584 hours.

Your Countdown is also approximately 275,040 minutes.

Your Countdown is also approximately 16,502,400 seconds.

Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> thought u guys would want an update of how long we got till the trip starts lol hope u like that!!!

And a msg to all other travellers who have or who are hoping to book this tour dont be sure jump on a post a msg for us all. well till next time we spk ppl take care

ciao ciao

• 7 Feb 2007 miggz said

Default_avatar

(dont be sure ) sorry boutr that lol its spose to read dont be shy

sorry guys

• 10 Feb 2007 Mia23 said

Default_avatar

Hiya every 1

My name is Maria im 23 from Melbourne, i’ve booked the contrasts tour for the 18th Aug but will be arriving in London on the 17th. Im travelling with my buddy Adrian aka miggz.

Can’t wait to go just counting down the days! Hopefully we can catch up for drinks b4 the tour kicks off, we are stayin at the Royal National Hotel then for another 4 days after the tour.

catcha l8rs

• 13 Feb 2007 Kathryn83 said

Default_avatar

Hi Maria,

Great to hear we have another traveller. I can’t wait.

Have you guys booked yet?

I got an email from a guy Brian from New York saying that he is interested too. It will be good to get some more fella’s (so poor Adrian isn’t stuck with all girls), people from other countries and different ages.

We will definately catch up for drinks before hand.

Good to hear from you.

K : )

• 14 Feb 2007 Allybaby123 said

Default_avatar

Hi Everyone and welcome Maria!

In response to Kathryn’s question, I have paid my deposit for the tour and paid for my ticket, so i am definitely going!! I hope you guys will be too… looking forward to meeting you guys beforehand…

I hope we also get some more travellers outside of Australia, as it would be fun to mingle with other international travellers…

Cant wait to go…counting down the weeks!

chat to you guys soon

cheers

Ally

• 14 Feb 2007 JOJO1983 said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys

Me again.. Just letting you guys know I have actually booked an earlier trip, so wont be going on this one anymore.. : (

Hope you have a great time, and if your staying in London after the tour, u have my email address so feel free to email me and we can catch up and share stories!!

Jo

• 14 Feb 2007 miggz said

Default_avatar

eyyy guys

yeh ive booked my tour payed the deposit n a bit more dyingg to get over there now umm yeh not to fussed if its all girls lol ahah umm would be great to get a few ppl from overseas.
    good thing is so far so good we got a good bunch of ppl going soo we will have fun!! heaps of it lol

ciao ciao alll

• 22 Feb 2007 Kathryn83 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys,

Hope you all doing well, just thought I’d check in and say hi.

No one new has joined us Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

Well I am happy to say that I am fully booked and paid for so I am definately going!!! Can’t wait, less than six months to go! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

Maria – do you have an email address?

Hope to chat soon. Have a great weekend!!!

Kathryn Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.