Community_discussions_small  

Comment

EURO CONTRASTS - 18TH AUG 2007

13 Jan 2007 Allybaby123 said

Default_avatar
Hi All Smiler,

I am a 25 year old female from Sydney in Australia. I have booked the contrast tour for the 18 August 2007, and will be travelling solo. Just wondering who else will be doing the same tour? Perhaps we can all meet up before hand.

After the tour finishes i am also considering staying in London for an additional week just to travel around before heading back home to Sydney.

Fellow travellers i would loovvee to hear from you... Big Grin Big Grin

It should be fun Wink

cheers Big Grin

Alice
  • 17 Jul 2007 Kathryn83 said

Default_avatar

I still need:
    Locks for my suitcase
    Walking shoes
    Thongs
    Day bag
    Weather proof jacket???

Are you getting a British Passport too?

Hey Dani, is it you that is a Nanny in London?

• 17 Jul 2007 Miss_Beth said

Default_avatar

Yeah, are you getting a British one? My mum is from there, so at least if I get that as well I can stay for as long as I want without visa hassles.

I think I already have all that stuff… I need to buy a charger thing for my ipod.. and I want a watch..

Default_avatar

No, my Dad’s Mum was born there but we don’t talk to her so too much stuffing around. The only way I’ll stay there is if I can get sponsored but we’ll see what happens.

I have a charger for my Ipod, you can use mine if you like.

I don’t know what I’m going to do about hairdryer and straightener. Might have to buy them as well. Bloody hell. HA HA.

Default_avatar

haha are you a hair straightener freak too? I decided I am going to deal with roughing it without my hair straightener, but I am taking a travel hairdryer that you can use!

I will probs buy an ipod thingy anyway cuz I will still need it after the tour. Might get someone to buy it for my bday Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I love bdays!

DANIWHERE HAVE YOU GONE!?! Don’t tell me you are working!!

Default_avatar

No I have very curly hair, but sometimes I like to strighten it, although it’s too much of a mission. I’ll probably just go with the hairdryer too. I keep things pretty natural, not too much of a fusser over looks.

That’s right it’s your birthday on the 9/08 hey? The big 21 that’s exciting. Someone has their birthday on tour I think, can’t remember who that was.

What a birthday present to yourself, wish I had done that for my 21st that would have been great.

Default_avatar

I’m not too much for fussing over myself either. I dont think I could get by backpacking if I was! haha.

I know, its something I always wanted to do for my 21st, and I wasn’t going to be able to but then I got the job in Melbourne and was able to save. I’m so excited Red Face<!--graemlin::o-->) Everything is exciting at the moment!

Default_avatar

Yeah it is pretty exciting hey. I’m sort of stressing about everything I have to do, but as soon as I get on the plane I will be excited. It’s kinda hard organising for 12 months in another country hey.

What are you doing about Travellers Insurance? I think ours only covers up for 6 weeks. Might have to look into extending it.

I bet your excited to see your sister too. When’s the last time you saw her?

• 17 Jul 2007 Dani*84 said

Default_avatar

HEY HEY…. sorry i did have to do sum work haha.. nah i aint got no straiteners my hairs dead staight already and well as for the blow dryer my friend martina is bringing that for us woohoo…..

Yer i still gota get the travellers Insurance not sure who to go through…

Nah im no nanny i dont really like kids hehe… they stress me out too much!!!!

Default_avatar

Oh your lucky then. Might have to get my sis to bring all that, I have too much already. HA HA.

Did you go though a travel agent? Just get them to organise it all.

Oh sorry, wonder who that was then. I’m confused, too many people. HE HE.

Can’t wait to actually meet everyone and put faces to names and personalities.

When do you arrive in London Dani?

Default_avatar

i arrive on the 17th so the nite before… i am booked in to stay at the imperial hotel but im trying to change it atm so i can stay at the royal national with everyone else…

Default_avatar

Yeah I did all mine through my travel agent, STA travel.

I can’t wait to meet everyone in person! I am dreading getting up so early to leave on our tour though! haha.

Default_avatar

It’ll be alrite i mite even be the real annoying person in the morning with the music blaring to wake everyone up.. HAHA..!!

But that does depend on if i wake up myself? Eeker<!--graemlin::eek:-->

Martinas gonna hate me if i do cos she likes her sleep HEHE this is gona be fun!!! LOL Cool<!--graemlin::cool:-->

Default_avatar

I’ve organised travel insurance for 12 months.. hopefully I stay that long! lol.

I am so excited to see my sister. She is coming to Oz in 2.5 weeks for my 21st and she is even more excited than me! I haven’t seen her for probably about 8 months?

I think it will all hit me when I get off the plane. It’s funny, I have spent so much time organising things and making sure I’ve got everything, anyone would think I was leaving civilisation! I haven’t really thought too much about what to do after the tour.. I’m hoping things just fall into place.

Default_avatar

Gosh where gona be up to page 8 soon at this rate…..

I havent even thought about wat im taking but i reakon im gona buy that much over there ill end up sending most of it back in the post so i dont have to pay excess baggage hehe..

I so cant wait to meet everyone ey its just so EXCITING!!!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

Default_avatar

I know, it’s so weird that we’re all chatting and stuff now – I bet when we meet we will all be shy! And I have been told so many things about different people I won’t remember who said what!

Default_avatar

Its alright i dont think ill go quiet HEHE

Default_avatar

haha I will have to have a few drinks beforehand so that I don’t!

Default_avatar

I might get a bit shy! HE HE, but it won’t last long.

Dani – I’m not a morning person so except daggers coming your way if you make heaps of noise. HE HE. Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

Beth – Wow, did you organise it for 12 months, so must have been heaps expesive. I might just extend mine for like 3 months and see how I go. That will be fantastic to see your sister for your birthday! What have you got planned? How you finding it being back in Canberra?

Default_avatar

Yeah, well I figured I am gonna force myself to do it! 12 months isn’t too long in the scheme of things. It cost me $900 and something. I ended up getting discounts on it, like 20% or something.

I’m having a party at Mum’s house for my bday which should be fun. It’s also going to be my farewell cuz I fly out 2 days later!

I’m loving being back in Canberra. It’s been so good to catch up with family and friends. I might be doing the same old boring work but being somewhere where everyone is happy to see me and smiling makes all the difference!

Default_avatar

HAHA nah im not that much of a cruel person..

I will try be quiet most of the time!!!! But hey i dont reakon u should be sleeping much anywayz if ur on holidays

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.