Community_discussions_small  

Comment

EURO CONTRASTS - 18TH AUG 2007

13 Jan 2007 Allybaby123 said

Default_avatar
Hi All Smiler,

I am a 25 year old female from Sydney in Australia. I have booked the contrast tour for the 18 August 2007, and will be travelling solo. Just wondering who else will be doing the same tour? Perhaps we can all meet up before hand.

After the tour finishes i am also considering staying in London for an additional week just to travel around before heading back home to Sydney.

Fellow travellers i would loovvee to hear from you... Big Grin Big Grin

It should be fun Wink

cheers Big Grin

Alice
  • 17 Jul 2007 Miss_Beth said

Default_avatar

haha I am not a very happy person when I am tired! lol I will still be needing my beauty sleep.

• 17 Jul 2007 Kathryn83 said

Default_avatar

All the early mornings are going to kill me. Although when your on holidays it’s not as hard. Everyday will be a new exciting day.

Yeah that’s how I feel about being back in Alice, as much as I hate living here, it’s been great to be at home with my family and friends. Work is crap though. Definately time to leave. Desert weather is not good for the skin either, don’t want to age before I have too. HE HE.

Default_avatar

haha are you planning on going back to Alice when you get back from OS?

• 17 Jul 2007 Kathryn83 said

Default_avatar

No I don’t think so. My parents are leaving this time next year so not really much point. It’s a great place for work and we have heaps of friends to stay with, but this town really isn’t me or Bec. Plus I need to live near water!!!!

I don’t know what the hell I’m going to do when I get back. Can’t think that far ahead.

Default_avatar

Well Alice is definitely as far from the water as you can get! lol. I dunno what I will do either. I love Melbourne, but then I like Canberra too.. Maybe I will find a prince overseas and end up staying forever! lol. It’s all too far ahead, you’re right!

• 20 Jul 2007 martina said

Default_avatar

well well use are all verry chatty Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->
    i dont get to sit around at work on the net!!
    i wish i could though hehe
    i will be celebrating my bday on the tour Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->
    tha erly mornings will sooo kill me i hate geting up erly!! but i supose it will be worth it.

• 20 Jul 2007 Loogie said

Default_avatar

Some other helpful hints:

When on plane it is important to get up and walk around periodically to avoid developing deep vein thrombosis (or however it’s spelled)
    Also, drink plenty of fluids which can lessen effects of jet lag.

Bring disposable camera (s). You never know when your camera could stop working and there’s nothing worse than not being able to take photos.

Put some sort of marking such as a ribbon on your suitcase to make it stand out. It’s always difficult to pick out your luggage off the baggage carousel so may as well make it somewhat easier.

Bring nice clothing for going out at night. the kind you’d wear to going to a club or nice restaurant.

Hope that helps. If you need any more specific or general advice feel free to ask.

Brian (from New York)
    brij75@yahoo.com

Southern Ireland ‘97
    Grand Explorer ’00
    Rainbow Nation ’01
    Beaches & reefs ’02-’03

• 20 Jul 2007 Dani*84 said

Default_avatar

well they were some good helpfull hints now werent they…..

Yes Martina we will so be have quite a few too many drinks for ur b’day of course and i think ur b’day is on the day before we get to amsterdam… argh well we mite just have to last a couple of days for it… lol….

• 20 Jul 2007 Loogie said

Default_avatar

I say you celebrate every night. Hey, that’s where most of my money went to-drinking!!!!

Brian
    brij75@yahoo.com

• 20 Jul 2007 Dani*84 said

Default_avatar

yer of course we will……

But we will have to do something a lil bit different so she remembers her b’day.. Hrmmm got any ideas??? Itll have to be a pub crawl of course but i wana do something else special for her…

Brian are u on our trip too….

From dani
    danielle@nwford.com.au

• 22 Jul 2007 Miss_Beth said

Default_avatar

I don’t think we have enough excitement happening on this messageboard!! What’s going on people?! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 24 Jul 2007 starleema said

Default_avatar

Hey there everyone! My name is Lee-Maree, I’m 25 and I’m from Bunbury in WA. I will also be apart of the craziness that is Contiki. I’ll be travelling with my friend Helen. We arrive in London on the 17th and will be staying at the Royal. I plan on staying in London with friends for 9 days after the trip. I’m stressing out about what to bring!!! Any advice? Email me @ leemaree.g@gmail.com. Ooh I’m getting os excited but oh so nervous.

• 24 Jul 2007 Allybaby123 said

Default_avatar

Hi Everyone and welcome to Lee Maree and ur friend Helen!!

Great to hear that we have a new person joining our tour!!

Its really close now… cant wait for our pre tour drinks/meeting!!!

Hope everyone is well!!

Cool<!--graemlin::cool:-->

• 24 Jul 2007 Miss_Beth said

Default_avatar
    http://www.travellerspoint.com/packing-list.cfm

Visit this website for a very extensive checklist… It seems to cover a lot of things we might not need but it also means you will pick up on the things you may have forgotten!

I hope everyone is excited! Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->
  • 25 Jul 2007 miggz said

Default_avatar

hello hello all
    and welcome Lee-Maree and her freind Helen

welll not long at all ppl hope everyone is excited n ready to go!!! well take it easy ppl

spk to u all soon

ciao ciao

• 26 Jul 2007 Kathryn83 said

Default_avatar

Hey Everyone,

Welcome to Lee-Maree and Helen. Glad to hear your joining us.

3 more days of work, 2 more weeks in Alice, 3 more weeks until our tour. God, I really have to get organised.

I hope you are all doing well.

Again, my email address is kittykat_1983@hotmail.com feel free to email anytime. Also on Facebook and Myspace. God, that sounds bad, but I sit infront of a computer all day, have to get on the internet to make the days go faster! NOT FOR MUCH LONGER, I’m going to be a lady of leasure in 3 days. Now that is exciting!

• 26 Jul 2007 Miss_Beth said

Default_avatar

haha don’t feel bad! I have no work to do at the moment so, as you know, I also spend my day on facebook/email! (bdawel@gmail.com)

I am looking forward to meeting everyone!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

HELLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EVERYONE!! I am still going batty with excitement!

• 29 Jul 2007 helen said

Default_avatar

hey all… my names helen im 18 and from bunbury w.a. and yeh looks like im on the same tour travelling with a friend and booked into the royal on the 17th wouldn’t mind a post flight pre travell drink with u all! so excited, talk soon!!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 29 Jul 2007 Miss_Beth said

Default_avatar

Hi Helen! Welcome to the tour! Looking forward to meeting you (and everyone else!) too!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> I’m also looking forward to being on HOLIDAYS! (5 days and counting!)

• 2 Aug 2007 Miss_Beth said

Default_avatar

14 days and we’re on tour!! yeaaahhhhh!!!

Today is my last day at work and it feels fabulous!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion