Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Camping

25 Jan 2009 Madison said

Default_avatar
Hey..I'm about to ask some seriously dumb questions but I want to know so who cares Smiler

Well first with camping can you take suitcases or are you meant to take back packs??

Also..I guess this goes for any type of tour but are you meant to take your own pillow?

Annnd lastly. When it comes to the showers and stuff (this is my most superficial question) but are there power points and things so you can use hair straightners?

Thanks!!

Anyone planning on going on the 36 day camp end of June??
  • 25 Jan 2009 cdm115 said

cdm115

You can bring a suitcase or backpack. I think some have said a backpack is easier though. But it’s personal choice and if you don’t have any other use for a backpack I wouldn’t suggest going out and buying one.

Yes, the bathrooms will have powerpoints for hair dryers and straightners.

Not sure about the pillows though.

• 26 Jan 2009 CatherineOz said

Default_avatar

There is a sort of ‘built in’ pillow on the lilo, but I would advise bringing your own-it can also come in handy on driving days!

• 26 Jan 2009 Madison said

Default_avatar

oh awesome. Thanks guys!

• 28 Jan 2009 Fredo2Phones said

Fredo2Phones

I am looking at doing the 21 day Europe camping in July. I do not have a suitcase or a back pack. I am getting the feeling that a back pack would be easier but don’t know what type or where to find one! Help is appreciated and needed.

• 29 Jan 2009 CatherineOz said

Default_avatar

Backpacks take up less room in the tents, however suitcases are easier to deal with when getting things in and out. Keeping in mind of you take a suitcase you are either going to need to carry it or drag at at times on grass/uneven surfaces (though not long distances). And keep in mind if you have a massive suitcase in your tent-that’s less room for your lilo. And there also isn’t more than say a foot, maybe a two, in between the lilo’s.
    I had a sixty litre pack and also had room for my day bag etc in their, however my tent mate had only room for her suitcase at the end of her lilo, and nothing else.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion