Community_discussions_small  

Question

London to Athens June 10th 2009???

15 Nov 2008 Becca4 asked

Becca4
Hey everyone,

Im doing London to Athens then Greek Island Hopping June 10. Was wondering if anyone else was doing the same tour??
  • 18 Feb 2009 Katrina said

Default_avatar

I’m from Wellington in NSW its not really much of a town lol! I’ll be 21 by the time we go so its guna be an exciting year for me Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    the extras I want to do are George’s Boat, and maybe a tour of Pompeii, the volcano tour thing in Santorini and my friend told me the flamenco dancing in Paris was awesome so I was thinking maybe that too!
    I cant wait I’ve been like obsessing over this trip for ages now!

• 18 Feb 2009 Becca4 said

Becca4

Yeah im gonna stay as long as i can. Im meeting up with a friend over there and gonna explore more of europe after the contiki i cant wait. i still have heaps of organising to do.

• 18 Feb 2009 Caitlin90 said

Default_avatar

Oh im so jealous i wish i was staying for longer!
    Im soo excited too!! At work ive put through the appiontment books where ill be everyday so they can all see Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    Im a Dental Assistant.
    Im so glad everyone feels the same way and has the same questions lol
    Does any body know if it gets really hot like here?

• 20 Feb 2009 penny said

Default_avatar

caitlin…… greece is hot in summer…. like a steady 30 plus everyday…. dont count on london being hot…. but most places will b warm… it is there summer after all…..

ur a dental nurse…. my best friend is a dental nurse…. she is doin contiki next year… so its goin to b hard to say goodbye!

getting my visa organised in march…. lets hope that goes smoothly!!!

this forum is really good…. get to chat to people before going over!!!!! woop woop!

• 23 Feb 2009 Katrina said

Default_avatar

I officially booked my place on this trip yesterday! I can’t wait!! I’m leaving aus on the 6th so i’ll have a few extra days in London and i’m staying one extra day in Athens at the end. My passport should be here any day now!

Is anyone else having extra days?

• 24 Feb 2009 Becca4 said

Becca4

I am arriving in London on the 7th and staying at the Royal National so I have a few days before the tour starts. When the tour is finished i have booked a flight from athens back to london but i think i might stay in europe and travel a lil bit more. If anyone is interested in staying longer with me and running a muck it would be great. Im meeting a friend over there and may go to Ibiza and party for a couple of weeks.

• 24 Feb 2009 Yen said

Default_avatar

Hi Becca,

Are you doing the Greek Hopping Islands starting June 30th?

If you are, so am I…! I’m so excited ;-)

• 25 Feb 2009 Katrina said

Default_avatar

Hey Becca, oh Ibiza would be so so awesome! sadly I will have to return to the real world and my 9 to 5 office job…. sigh lol

Has everyone else travelled before? since its my first time I’m super excited but super nervous!

• 25 Feb 2009 Caitlin90 said

Default_avatar

Ill be a night before and after statying.
    I want extra days too! lol but i only just will have enought holidays saved up for the trip. a month of work will be awesome! lol
    Im also scared about being bus sick after a night out lol

• 25 Feb 2009 Becca4 said

Becca4

Its my first time travelling too. Yeah I hate being hungover and travelling on the bus but at least they have a toilet on the bus just in case lol.

• 25 Feb 2009 Tiffany Bishop said

Default_avatar

Hello, everyone I am considering booking this trip next week! I see that there are alot of girls going alone, yay! I am doing a Contiki next week to Egypt and I’m kind of waiting to see how that goes. I am going to do the London to Athens plus Greek Island Hopping. I wanted to get on here first and see if people were going to arrive a few days early/stay late? I would like to add on a few days at the beginning and possibly a while at the end (a week give or take.) Let me know!

• 6 Mar 2009 Becca4 said

Becca4

id be interested in doing that. I was thinking of going to germany after if anyones interested

• 9 Mar 2009 Susie82 said

Default_avatar

I’m from Melbourne, Australia and will be spending a week or so in London before the tour starts on June 10th! I’m going to be doing it alone as well but it’s soo exciting to meet new people and see Europe together! Can’t wait! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 18 Mar 2009 Katrina said

Default_avatar

Hey did you guys see on the contiki website that our trip is a definite departure now? so so excited! I cant believe we still have to wait more than 2 months! wish we were going now! Does anyone know if there is a limit to how big our bag can be on the bus? I’m nervous that they’re gonna say mine is too big Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> is everyone whose getting to London early staying at the Royal National?

• 18 Mar 2009 Becca4 said

Becca4

I think it has to be certain weight to get into heathrow. Im gonna get sleeping bag ect when i get to london so i can take more stuff on the plane. I am staying at the royal national for 3 nights before the tour. we should all meet up and have a big night on the london town before?

• 19 Mar 2009 Katrina said

Default_avatar

Oh thats a heap good idea Becca! never thought about the sleeping bag lol! I’m getting into London on Sunday the 7th so we should definately hit the pubs before the tour starts!

• 19 Mar 2009 Becca4 said

Becca4

I get into london on the 7th too about 6.30 in the morning. Im getting soo excited about the whole experience!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 25 Mar 2009 Becca4 said

Becca4

I got my backpack today yay!!! I was wondering if anyone would like to go to amsterdam with me after the tour?

• 25 Mar 2009 Katrina said

Default_avatar

Hey Becca how long are you planning on going to amsterdam for? I’m dying to go there (my family’s half dutch lol) and I’m tossing up whether to stay longer in europe than I orginally planned because my work situation has changed!

• 25 Mar 2009 Becca4 said

Becca4

Havnt really planned it but i do want to travel a bit more after the tour and would be much cheaper if someone came with me. I was thinking a bit more europe, amsterdam, germany i would like to go to spain for the running of the bulls that would be soo interesting

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.