Community_discussions_small  

Question

London to Athens June 10th 2009???

15 Nov 2008 Becca4 asked

Becca4
Hey everyone,

Im doing London to Athens then Greek Island Hopping June 10. Was wondering if anyone else was doing the same tour??
  • 26 Mar 2009 penny said

Default_avatar

hey… well everyone is getting super excited!!! not long now… before u know it.. it will b the middle of April….
    there will b one thing i miss… lol the AFL… started tonight..!!! woot woot!
    i was talking to my friend (who im doing this wif) and we were thinking as we have the meeting the night of the 9th… mayb we could all meet up for a drink either beofre or after our meeting…? like a catch up..? or even just for coffee/hot chocolate?

good way to get to know one another!

think about it? let me know!

• 26 Mar 2009 Becca4 said

Becca4

Thats a good idea im in Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 28 Mar 2009 Jenna said

Default_avatar

Hey! I’m Jenna, 22 from Vancouver Canada, graduating university in april and decided to treat myself to this trip as a little grad present Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I’m traveling solo and soooo excited that it looks like i’m not the only one.
    My flight gets in at 10:30 on the morning of the 9th and I would also love to meet up for a bevey.
    I’m heading to Ireland when our tour finishes in Athens, but would probably like a few more days in Greece before flying to Dublin. Really flexible at this point. Anybody else sticking around afterwards?

• 29 Mar 2009 Becca4 said

Becca4

Yeah im sticking around thinking of going to spain to see the bull run and then amsterdam

• 30 Mar 2009 Con said

Default_avatar

hey guys,

i’m travelling with penny on this trip, can’t wait! we’re definitely keen to stay on in Greece after the tour finishes, seeing as we’re staying in the country until the middle of September, basing ourselves at my grandma’s house in Thessaloniki. not long to go now!

• 30 Mar 2009 penny said

Default_avatar

as con said…. we can def stay on in greece after the tour finishes…. it would b heaps fun to continue on!!!!!
    why let the fun stop after contiki…. lets kick on!!!!!

• 31 Mar 2009 Jenna said

Default_avatar

awesome! I love everyones attitude.
    I’ve talked to some ppl who have spent a lot of time in greece and apparently it’s unbearably hot on the mainland (ie athens) so everybody grabs a ferry out to the islands… I’ve looked into it a bit, and it seems like it’d be pretty easy to get a hostel for about 10 euro a night on any of the islands, so I think I’m gonna reserve one of those for a few nights after our tour if anyone is interested

• 1 Apr 2009 Caitlin90 said

Default_avatar

OOH sounds like every one is traveling after Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> i have to go back home..but im so excited anyway! 68 days till i leave!!!! who else is staying at the Royal in london??

• 2 Apr 2009 Katrina said

Default_avatar

at the moment I’m only staying one extra day in athens after the tour but I’m so so tempted to stay longer! I’m staying at the Royal before the tour too!

I’m crazy excited for this trip! its so hard to concentrate at work knowing what awesome fun we will be having in a couple of months time!

• 9 Apr 2009 Jenna said

Default_avatar

I’m staying at the Royal too..
    Katrina have you already booked somewhere for that night after the tour in athens?

• 10 Apr 2009 penny said

Default_avatar

ohhhhh you should let us know where u will stay on in athens for that nite… con and i will totally do it too!?!?

• 11 Apr 2009 Jenna said

Default_avatar

We could probably wait until we’re all there and then ask the tour guide’s advice on where to stay. Shouldn’t be that tricky to all get a hostel for a night in Athens should it?

Also, if anyone has arranged a meeting place/time around the Royal National June 9th let me know!

• 11 Apr 2009 Katrina said

Default_avatar

I’m booked in to stay at the Plaka Hotel in Athens for my extra night, my travel agent sorted it out for me. I’m pretty sure thats the hotel the tour finishes at.
    I get my luggage next weekend at my 21st party!!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 14 Apr 2009 NDZamora said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone, I’m Denise from Texas and I’m SO excited for this trip! I’m bummed because I am not going on to Athens but I wanted to save it for later. Looks like it’s a lot of girls and Australians! Holla! I feel old though, I’m 25, compared to you young gals at 22! I guess the place to stay in London on the first night is the Royal? That’s all I see here…

• 14 Apr 2009 Becca4 said

Becca4

I noticed there are lots of girls going on tis trip should be alot of fun

• 16 Apr 2009 Katrina said

Default_avatar

Heck yes! we’re guna tear up europe lol! I’m so psyched! Plus my 21st is tomorrow night!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 19 Apr 2009 claire said

Default_avatar

Hi guys! I’m Claire from Oamaru in New Zealand. I’m coming on this trip alone too. So excited! There seems to be quite a lack of boys and New Zealanders… whats the go there?!?

Default_avatar

Hmmm not sure how i got the name explorer 1115888….. thought i had changed that. ooo i forgot to stay that im staying at the royal national too for 3 days before the trip so would be good to catch up with you all before the trip

Default_avatar

think ive fixed it?!

• 19 Apr 2009 Nat said

Default_avatar

HEY HEY!! Im Nat, going to book this tour tomorrow, provided that it has not completly filled up!! Am going on to do the Greek Islands to…… 33 days……Wooooo!!! Can’t afford it but WOOOOOOOOOOOO all the same!! Am also travelling solo, i’m pumped though and think that its the way to go!!
    Hope heaps to see u all on the 10th of June!!
    Nat

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion