Community_discussions_small  

Comment

triple share rooms in Europe

1 Aug 2008 Nyclizzo said

Nyclizzo
I'm planning on going on the European Magic alone, and figured it would be a good idea to have a triple share room, this way I can buddy up with people...but I read in one thread that they usually only give you one key for three people??? Is this true??
  • 1 Aug 2008 cdm115 said

cdm115

yes, it’s true and is the same with double rooms. It’s a wide spread thing in europe, though newer hotels and refurbished hotels are changing. You’ll get 1 key that stays at the front desk, when the first person comes back they take the key to get in and then you have to either knock or rig the door so others can come in after you without the key. It’s not as bad as it seems.

• 1 Aug 2008 Kristen M. said

Kristen M.

I signed up for a triple room on Euro Vista so I could get a bit more discount. It turned out only one other person signed up for triple so we got the discount even though there were just the two of us! It is true though that there is only one key except for at Ibis hotels, becuase they have key cards. The other hotels all have regular keys and there is only one and you have to leave the key at the front desk when you leave the hotel. It isn’t too terrible, but there were a few nights where I went to bed before my roommate came back and she had to bang on the door to get me to let her in. It sucked, but it wasn’t really that big of a deal.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.