Community_discussions_small  

Comment

canadian debit card

25 May 2009 Explorer1126192 said

Default_avatar
Hi!

Just wondering if anyone had any trouble using a Canadian debit card at the ATMs in Europe?? I'm with CIBC and they said it "should work" but I'd feel better hearing it from someone who used one!
  • 25 May 2009 Curtis71 said

Default_avatar

As long as it is as a Plus Network card then you should have no problems.

(Look for the PLUS logo on your card. Most ATMs in Europe use the Cirrus and/or the PLUS network.)

Note to other Canadians: PC Financial Bank (owned by CIBC) also uses the PLUS network, but the logo is not on their debit cards for some reason.

• 25 May 2009 AlbertaGirl20 said

AlbertaGirl20

CIBC works great, just find an ATM with the plus symbol on it.

• 9 Jun 2009 travelgal2525 said

travelgal2525

Since you’re canadian – I recommend looking into the CAA card. You have to be a CAA member, but the card is awesome. It works like a bank card – you load it up, pick a pin and then you can use it in any country without any hassles. I used it on my tour at a variety of different ATMs and never had a problem.

• 11 Jun 2009 Leanne_in_Ontario said

Leanne_in_Ontario

Is this the CAA card? CAA Card

• 11 Jun 2009 travelgal2525 said

travelgal2525

I believe so – although at the time I don’t think that they were partnered with visa. Otherwise it looks to be the same card.

• 21 Jun 2009 Asian.gem said

Default_avatar

i was thinking about getting the CAA visa card, but now you said that you have to be a CAA member, i have to think about it, since im not a caa member. are you sure that you have to be a caa memeber in order to get the card?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion